Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as im new to overclocking. ive been wondering whats the best ram for the bang i can get that can overclock decently.
and also it shudnt have a clearance issue see this thread.

il be using all 4 ram slots. going for 8 gig as il be doing video editing and what not

thank u

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kinubic
View Post

i would if i wasnt sure about the clearance issue. please read the linked thread

I did, but there wasn't really much there. The only way you will ever know 100% sure if something fits is if someone is using your exact mobo and HSF setup.

Sorry I wasn't more helpful.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The ocz blades are not high profile ram kits but they are taller then the gskills in the pic.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckybam3 View Post
The ocz blades are not high profile ram kits but they are taller then the gskills in the pic.
thanks. i tried to to find measurements of both Ram ktis but cant seem to find any. lol.
last option is to get ram that cant oc well just to keep it clear of the fan lol ;(

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 18 is # 1
View Post

These are standard height and have the same ICs as the 1200 Blades: http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-PC2-8500-P...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1
Expect 1150+ out of them.
Dominators 1100-1120.

wow thanks. pretty interesting. didnt know had same IC's as the blades. might get these unless someone else recommends different rams. ohand these are apparently not sold on newegg lol.poop.

·
335is
10,924 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 31337 View Post
These won't have a clearance issue, plus they're faster yet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...namitedata.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
I agree get these.
I'm starting to see a pattern 18

lol 90+ bucks for 4 gig ram a bit too much for my budge thanks though xD hahahha

i may just get these. seems to be only choice so far lol

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kinubic View Post
lol 90+ bucks for 4 gig ram a bit too much for my budge thanks though xD hahahha

i may just get these. seems to be only choice so far lol

You won't be disappointed, though be aware 8 GB is not likely going to make it to 1200.

I've got the 1150 Platinums, & i could do around 1215 5-5-5 with 4 GB.
I get around 1150 with all 8 GB (much harder to OC).

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by -n7-
View Post

You won't be disappointed, though be aware 8 GB is not likely going to make it to 1200.

I've got the 1150 Platinums, & i could do around 1215 5-5-5 with 4 GB.
I get around 1150 with all 8 GB (much harder to OC).

thanks on the notice.i dont plan on max ocing it anyway hahahha. 1150 is prolly enough for me.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got my ram yesterday and jumped ot overclocking it hers a screenie. ram pics i forgot to take. LOL
oc'd at 1.8 volts

HERE

going to change the timings to 5.5.5.15 and test again just to make sure its stable also changed some cpu settings . will post new tests after done

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kinubic
View Post

got my ram yesterday and jumped ot overclocking it hers a screenie. ram pics i forgot to take. LOL
oc'd at 1.8 volts

HERE

going to change the timings to 5.5.5.15 and test again just to make sure its stable also changed some cpu settings . will post new tests after done

Excellent. Keep pushing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts