Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
my sig rig just lost power, no bluescreen, just went dead and now i just get a black screen, i don't get the startup beep and i don't get any fault beeps. it doesn't even beep if i remove the RAM. i have also cleared the CMOS and still don't get anything so i think the i7 is dead or the mobo is. tbh i am sh***n my self. i spent £1600 on it, i gt nutin left. am i right or is there anything else i can try. if not i will try to gt RMA tomorrow.

thanks

EDIT

sorry should have said. all the fans come on, so does the HDD and pump.

·
Long Time Lurker
920 Posts
OCZ PSU, eh?

I can (almost) guarantee that's the problem.

• Rep+
Reactions: driftingforlife

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Have you tried to jump start your PSU? If you're getting no power at all that's the first thing to check

C

• Rep+

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with everyone here as well. A similar thing happened to me awhile back and it was my psu. Now thats the first thing I check when I'm getting no power.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Sounds like the PSU. First thing o check. Take it all apart and start putting it together and testing everytime you install something. More than like PSU prroblem tho.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
the modxstream pro isnt that bad of a psu.

but it does sound like a psu problem.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
Always check your PSU first. If you have a friend or anyone you can borrow a comparable PSU from (preferably of higher wattage/quality), do that.

If not, find a store where you can buy one and return it for a full refund if it turns out the PSU isn't the problem. The next step would then be to check the motherboard, after that, the CPU, and after that, the RAM, etc.

• Rep+

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingforlife
View Post

I think that's a pretty critical peice of information you missed out there huh....

If your rig is coming on. Do a full CMOS reset and also try a different GPU.

C

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bad thing is i don't have any spare parts that need testing and i don't have any mates with same spec pcs.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145
View Post

I think that's a pretty critical peice of information you missed out there huh....

If your rig is coming on. Do a full CMOS reset and also try a different GPU.

C

will do.(gt to drain loop
) thanks

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well.. since new information is in play (late) lol I would still check that power supply. Usually if nots the psu and everything spins up then in MY experience its the CPU. Take it out, make sure contacts are free and clear. Re-paste and reattach cooler. Make sure it's not to tight.

O like stated above.. clear cmos

·
Registered
698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandlermaki
View Post

OCZ PSU, eh?

I can (almost) guarantee that's the problem.

Agreed. My first modxstream died in 30 minutes of burn-in
. I have stopped buying OCZ products since.

RMA TIME!!!!

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
I think the OP said he cleared the CMOS already.

From my experience, if the fans, HDDs, etc. are powering on, it could still be the PSU, but it's probably the motherboard.

·
Registered
456 Posts
First thing you must do is troubleshoot everything. Take all the ram out of your motherboard and try to boot up with just one stick of ram!!! Put the stick in the furthest slot away from your cpu!! Then boot if that does not work remove that stick and try another one do that until you tried each stick by itself!! Then if all else fails and you still cant boot up I would Get another psu you and try that if that does not work RMA your motherboard and get a new one if that still does not work RMA you cpu(I rmaed my 920 before and it was overclocked to 4.5(just dont tell them that)) that should solve your problem. Good luck I know how it feels dude been there million times.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts