Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

Okay I have an Asus mobo w/ a 2.7ghz Celeron... and uhm I went to the bios and put the fsb from 100 to 255... and now it won't boot. How do I manually reset the bios?

(Okay dont' say I'm stupid but I put it to 110 first and it went to 2.91ghz w/ no problem, so I was like what the hell, I can try it for like 2 minutes @ max - didn't work out)

I need a reply asap please please lol I need to fix this.. I really hope I can. How can I get back in to the bios to fix it?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
look on your mobo for the jumper to clear your cmos. it will be like 3 pins with the jumper on 2 of them. take that off, and put it so that it is covering the ther pin there instead. turn on you comp for like 3 sconds(it wont boot)then back off. then put the jumper back how it was and turn on and should boot.

if u cant find a jumper, than take out the silver round battery on the mobo for like 20 min and then put it back in and turn on..it should boot, and remember that it clears the cmos so u have to reset all your settings in the bios

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

look on your mobo for the jumper to clear your cmos. it will be like 3 pins with the jumper on 2 of them. take that off, and put it so that it is covering the ther pin there instead. turn on you comp for like 3 sconds(it wont boot)then back off. then put the jumper back how it was and turn on and should boot.

if u cant find a jumper, than take out the silver round battery on the mobo for like 20 min and then put it back in and turn on..it should boot, and remember that it clears the cmos so u have to reset all your settings in the bios

Just removing the jumper won't always work, the best bet is to look for the 3 pim jumper switch that is labeled CMOS, the jumper will already be on two pins, move the jumper to be on the unused pin and the center one, and like Adas said turn your PC on let it boot then turn it off and place the jumper where it was before.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Just removing the jumper won't always work, the best bet is to look for the 3 pim jumper switch that is labeled CMOS, the jumper will already be on two pins, move the jumper to be on the unused pin and the center one, and like Adas said turn your PC on let it boot then turn it off and place the jumper where it was before.

okay thanks.. that was to easy. Thanks a lot i'm so dumb lol.. max I could get it to was 122mhz stable.. @ 3.1ghz w/ air cooling

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoSoVaR

okay thanks.. that was to easy. Thanks a lot i'm so dumb lol.. max I could get it to was 122mhz stable.. @ 3.1ghz w/ air cooling

No problem, let us know if you need help with anything else.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

BTW, it doesnt usually take 20mins with the battery out... it's usually more like a minute or so, with the computer unpluged from the wall.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
bette rto be safe then sorry...lol for some reason i cooked up 20..
...god what am i smokin
o well

·
Registered
116 Posts
next time just hold insert when your booting up, 9/10 itll reset things back to normal and you can just go into your bios and work with it again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts