Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put together a new system. I5 4690k and Asus Z97-A.

I am trying to install windows but at 1% of "Unpacking Windows Files" i get an error message "windows cannt install required files, the file does not exist"

I proceed to try again, it prompts me to select a driver to use for my device and the device no longer appears. I have to restart my machine and put my boot media into a different usb port.

I've tried on several different boot media's (2 usb drives, 1 dvd) and on several target drives (1 ssd, 1hdd).

I'm using my Windows 7 Professional image that I received through school and haven't had problems with before.

I've tried removing ram sticks one by one - no difference. I've tried detaching all other drives - no difference.

At this point I don't know what to do and I'm panicking.

I'm very upset as I can't use my new machine and have spent hours trying to get windows installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally managed to get it installed after buying 2 different additional USB keys.

After installed, I proceeded to install drivers and such. However, internet explorer will not open and chrome cannot open any page. I have an internet connection as I can ping websites and applications can use the internet but I cannot populate a browser page.

What on earth is going on ? I'm really beside myself as I have no PC access and cannot solve this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a solution will be rewarded with paypal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts