Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a gtx 460, and I have a question about the connectors.

The card came packaged with 2 molex to 6 pin connectors. I also I have a 6 pin PCI-e, and a 2+6 pin PCI-e cables for my psu, I would rather use.

The moles to 6 pin connectors, has the top middle connection empty (Black one in the pic), and my PCI-e has a connection in place. Is it still ok to use my psu cables?

Thanks for input. This my 1st time installing an up to date video card. I have a hd 4550 now ><;

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmm... McNuggets... Thanks for the quick reply. I was tripping out, thinking I would have to head over to frys, and get some new cables. Take care.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. I just bought the GTX 460 FTW card from newegg.com. I 1st tried to uninstall my old ati r4550 drivers via control panel. Did a reboot in safe mode. Used driver cleaner pro under, admin privileges to completely remove the old drivers. Installed new card and drivers, did another reboot and it freezes on the log in screen. Tried to reseat the card, checked the cables. No luck.

I then decide to do a reformat. Installed the chipset drivers, video card, updates, sound in that order. It worked fine until about 10 min or so until I started to install my initial programs. Then it started to freeze again. Sometimes letting me past the login screen, most of the time not.

The PCI-e slot look good physically. I have no worries with my r4550, which is back in there. I'm going to have the PSU looked at. Any other ideas of what the culprit could be? Or a step I missed?

All the items for my rig is below.*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts