Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished put in my pc together everything is new but my card dont want to start i try it in my brothers computers and it starts, do i have to do updates first in order to work? thank you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakan290 View Post
Need. More. Info.
PC Specs, what have you tried already...
+1 for more info

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakan290 View Post
Need. More. Info.
PC Specs, what have you tried already...
i just install windows vista ultimate 64bit in a new hdd, my specs are q9650, evga gtx 260, 4gb ocz sli, psu 850w corsair.

·
Registered
824 Posts
What MOBO you got. You should fill out the rig specs in the user control panel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by t_russell View Post
What MOBO you got. You should fill out the rig specs in the user control panel.
ops sorry evga 790i ftw

·
Registered
616 Posts
Does your graphics card make a beep/whine sound when you turn on the computer? If so, the power is not properly connected.

If your graphics card makes no error noise, it could be that your BIOS is set to initialize PCI graphics before PEG (PCI Express Graphics). If you have no way to get into the BIOS config, you may need to use an old PCI graphics card just to get into the BIOS. It's also a good idea to check with a PCI card just in case your problem lies with another component.

·
Registered
824 Posts
When you say it wont start, do you mean it won't post or it boots but you have no video output. If it's the video then we will start there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by d0gZpAw View Post
Does your graphics card make a beep/whine sound when you turn on the computer? If so, the power is not properly connected.

If your graphics card makes no error noise, it could be that your BIOS is set to initialize PCI graphics before PEG (PCI Express Graphics). If you have no way to get into the BIOS config, you may need to use an old PCI graphics card just to get into the BIOS. It's also a good idea to check with a PCI card just in case your problem lies with another component.
it is conected good, is not making any sound, i think i will have to use a pci like u said, i have no display in my monitor

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

When you say it wont start, do you mean it won't post or it boots but you have no video output. If it's the video then we will start there.
i have no display in my monitor, but in my brothers computers it works

·
Registered
616 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the animal View Post
it is conected good, is not making any sound, i think i will have to use a pci like u said, i have no display in my monitor
If everything is properly connected, yet you get no sound at all (ie, error beep from motherboard or video card), then it is possibly your RAM causing the machine not to boot. Many boards have difficulty cold booting unless you use JEDEC approved 1.8v DRAM.. I've no idea what RAM you are using so this is just hazarding a guess.. If your RAM does not like to boot at DDR2-800 1.8v then you will have to install some RAM that does, reconfigure your BIOS to supply extra voltage, and then reinstall your current RAM.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d0gZpAw View Post
If everything is properly connected, yet you get no sound at all (ie, error beep from motherboard or video card), then it is possibly your RAM causing the machine not to boot. Many boards have difficulty cold booting unless you use JEDEC approved 1.8v DRAM.. I've no idea what RAM you are using so this is just hazarding a guess.. If your RAM does not like to boot at DDR2-800 1.8v then you will have to install some RAM that does, reconfigure your BIOS to supply extra voltage, and then reinstall your current RAM.
This is also another possibility. You can try one stick of RAM in the slot furthest from the CPU and see if it will boot this way.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was getting a beep with 2 sticks so i took 1 off and no beeps after that but my video card wont start

·
Registered
824 Posts
Is it in the firt PCIE slot or the second. On my board if you want to put a vid card in the second slot there is a power connector on the MOBO that must be hooked up.

• Rep+
Reactions: the animal

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Is it in the firt PCIE slot or the second. On my board if you want to put a vid card in the second slot there is a power connector on the MOBO that must be hooked up.
is in the first one

·
Registered
824 Posts
If your vid card has two power connectors are they hooked to different rails on the PSU. And not both to the same rail.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

If your vid card has two power connectors are they hooked to different rails on the PSU. And not both to the same rail.
it has 2 they are in diferent rails

·
Registered
824 Posts
The card works on your brothers RIG. Do you have another card to test in yours. Or you can try the other PCIE slot perhaps the primary is bad.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

The card works on your brothers RIG. Do you have another card to test in yours. Or you can try the other PCIE slot perhaps the primary is bad.
i can try my brothers video, i guess i take it to a shop tomorrow lol they can fix it i am frustrated already, thank you guys for ur help

·
Registered
824 Posts
Anytime

1 - 20 of 20 Posts