Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me overclock my pc, ive been doing loads of research but cant find any help.

my specs are:

Compaq presario 60000 md no 6011EA
Mother board: Microstar ms-6553
Processer: AMD Athlon XP 1.7+
Memory: 768ram
System bus: 265mhz
Multiplier: 11.0

I am a newbie to overclocking but i cant find anything for my mobo, ive checked the manufaturers web site and nothing and i cant access the fsb through my bios. Ive tried a few programs but none of them support my mobo.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by gezza160278

Can anyone help me overclock my pc, ive been doing loads of research but cant find any help.

my specs are:

Compaq presario 60000 md no 6011EA
Mother board: Microstar ms-6553
Processer: AMD Athlon XP 1.7+
Memory: 768ram
System bus: 265mhz
Multiplier: 11.0

I am a newbie to overclocking but i cant find anything for my mobo, ive checked the manufaturers web site and nothing and i cant access the fsb through my bios. Ive tried a few programs but none of them support my mobo.

Because You are on a propriatary System you cannot VOerclock through hardware, the only method I can think of is to try multiple programs to see if they will work. Others may list other Ocing Software for you.

My best recommendation is to buy a new mobo if you want to OC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
sadly that being an OEM machine, with a mobo that MSI doesnt list as having made your out of luck.

your only chance is going to be trying software to OC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know of any software that would help ive tried a few of the popular ones on the websites but nothing supports my my mobo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any way of accessing fsb and mutiplyer in the bios options, i cant find any jumpers also on my mobo so icant do it that way thanks.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by gezza160278

Is there any way of accessing fsb and mutiplyer in the bios options, i cant find any jumpers also on my mobo so icant do it that way thanks.

refer to your computer's user manual to see if the setings are locked. Most likely the only way that you can Oc with that computer is by using software.

As as for paying for the software, I would never pay for it either, that is why I put out a few more bucks for a proven Ocing mobo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi sorry to be a pain but i found some jumpers there is three of them will this help at all if i take them out or change them thanks for your help.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by gezza160278

Hi sorry to be a pain but i found some jumpers there is three of them will this help at all if i take them out or change them thanks for your help.

From what I gathering googling, this mobo does nto have a manual and playing with the jumpers results in components not working or a system crash.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top