Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk what the issue is and dont know how to fix it ,all i did was restart and nothing is showing up not even post
it all started when i tried to hibernate and it BSODed on it and when i tried to restart it kept restarting and now even though its on it wont do anything...
i even reset the bios

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If it won't do anything, it's probably the power supply. Reset the breaker on the back and try to boot again. If that doesn't work, it might be dead. If you can, pull out the PSU and replace it with another one. If you don't have one, then you might want to try to RMA it.

Since it did BSoD before the system died, it also could be another hardware issue. Most likely if it was the RAM, you would be able to post, it would just continue to restart. Unless of course, the RAM is completely gone. If it isn't the PSU, my guess is the problem lies within the motherboard or the CPU.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
no post at all? how about removing the cmos battery?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vtech1
View Post

when i tried to hibernate and it BSODed on it

Have spare memory? If so, change them out and see if you can boot back up. For whatever reason hibernate and memory can act up (and it's a good way to find out if the memory is working fine, if you can enter the state and come from it without a hiccup [had memory that refused to do this without a stream of errors]).

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
does the cpu fan spin at least?

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
had you not overvolted anything? cpu, ram or nb?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
just try one stick of ram. If that doesn't work, reset your cmos. If that doesn't work, pull the cmos battery, unplug the PSU, and hit the power button. Leave it like that for about 5 minutes and turn it back on.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You might have to send it back to the manufacturer. I'd shoot them an email and see what they say. I haven't heard good things about MSI's customer service. And it actually doesn't surprise me that it was an MSI board that broke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts