Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the thing I have a Corsair TX850W power supply when I press the off button on the back of the power supply my PC still turns on ? which it shouldn't
I mean can this be dangerous in anyways to my Motherboard or other stuff in my PC The only way i can stop power going into my PC is when i Unplug the power supply plug from the wall socket or switch it off from the wall.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
could be a defective switch.
I unplug my PSU and plug it back in when the switch is on, and I've been doing this for the past year. Not sure why people freak out about it.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,804 Posts
I didnt know that switch was suppose to turn it off,thought it was a different volatge or something.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
hire an exorcist!

It won't affect your components if the OFF switch is the only thing that isn't working properly. The only reason power would still feed to your mobo should be the faulty off switch.

I wouldn't sweat it. If you still have warrant, just send it back anyway so you can get a new one :]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nitd_kim
View Post

hire an exorcist!

It won't affect your components if the OFF switch is the only thing that isn't working properly. The only reason power would still feed to your mobo should be the faulty off switch.

I wouldn't sweat it. If you still have warrant, just send it back anyway so you can get a new one :]

Thanks. This was part of a Cutom Built PC it has 5 years warrenty but I don't really wanna take it out if it's not dangerous to the components it's just that the company that built the PC have done a good job of hiding, tying all the cables up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.