Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do I install this? I see how to get it on the case, but does anyone know which wires go where?

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
u need to look in your motherboard manual as to which pins go where....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Likely one wire will go to pin 2 and the other to pin 3. Is that a spring-return momentary contact switch? In other words, will it stay up when you release it? If not, then you must keep in mind you don't want to keep it in the up position as that may have unintended consequences.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
What i do is i have a big ole 9V battery for tests like these just hook wires to any 2 of the terminals on the switch run some more wires to a led or something see if it turnes on or off.. if it didnt come with instructions its hit or miss try diffrernt combos

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dngrsone

Likely one wire will go to pin 2 and the other to pin 3. Is that a spring-return momentary contact switch? In other words, will it stay up when you release it? If not, then you must keep in mind you don't want to keep it in the up position as that may have unintended consequences.

No, it flips up and stays up. I think it's intended to be a computer power switch mod, but I see what you mean. I don't have a 9v battery on me.

Edit: LMAO! There's a website printed on the switch. You can see it from the picture.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
It looks to be a double pole momentary switch. 1/2 will open or close a circut and 2/3 will do the same but opposite of 1/2. When the switch is in 1 position 1 circut will be closed and 1 open. When you flip the switch the circut will reverse. Perfect for a cmos reset switch.

• Rep+
Reactions: TheKraken

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKraken

No, it flips up and stays up. I think it's intended to be a computer power switch mod, but I see what you mean. I don't have a 9v battery on me.

Edit: LMAO! There's a website printed on the switch. You can see it from the picture.

Well in that case
...it will do the same thing....but without the momentary function.....lol. Still perfect for the cmos switch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKraken

omg your case is freakin awesome

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, and thanks for the help busa.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
The toggle switch for my power on the "Jeep Mod" is momentary...

I have to flip the switch, the computer powers up then I flip the
switch again to keep the computer from turning off...

If I were to leave the switch in the up position, the computer
would turn off, just like holding the power switch on the front
of your case to turn the power off.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FoRmEd

Ahhh, learn something new every day!

Dont we all?

A momentary switch is exactly what it sounds like,only stays in the position,momentarily. Has a default position,either off or on. When it is pressed it goes to the opposite of its default,and when released goes back to its default. A perfect example is a stock PC power switch. When you press it,it doesnt stay in,it comes back out. Its default position is off,and when pressed it goes to on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts