Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 60 inch HDTV that can display 720p and 1080i.

I have had no problems thus far with a majority of my games.

I AM having issues with some, I do not know what I am doing wrong?

Crysis for example wont display any resolution higher then 1600x1200 in the menu and when I do select it, something weird happens and only about 1/4 of the entire menu I can see, like it zoom in or something. My TV allows me to pan luckily so I can see everything to go back to lower resolutions.
-
Now GRID for some reason it loads for like 5 seconds, then a black screen then back to the Desktop. BUT it works with S-Video and VGA without a hiccup?

What is causing Grid to go back to the desktop on load? This only occurs with the HDMI setup.
-
Also an odd thing the Resident Evil 5 benchmark(that just came out) wont load either same issue as Grid, loads a black screen then goes back to desktop.

Thank In Advance

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
HDMI works best with 4:3 or 16:9 resolutions. Get the latest patches of the games if you have not done so already.

Crysis should list out all available resolutions stick with 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720. If your unable to just get a glimpse of GRID's menu's screen, try changing the resolution in the game dir folder.

Either that or your GRID is a pirated version

VGA/DVI is normally more flexible with the resolutions than HDMI.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that might be where my problem lies.

I have a retail copy of Crysis but its Vanilla Crysis, I installed it simply just to see it on my HDTV forgot to dl the patches. Hopefully that will fix the resolution problem.

GRID is in fact cough cough yeah.

Can you explain why would VGA/DVI be more flexible in the resolutions?

Also would you by chance know why the RE5 benchmark is not working? it same the exact same issue as GRID.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts