Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Eh, Wha?
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to hook up a Polk PSW10 subwoofer with my M-Audio AV40 speakers on my auzentech x-fi forte soundcard. From what I've gathered, I have two options:

1: Use a Stereo RCA to Bare audio conversion cable to ditectly rout audio from the subwoofer to the speakers and use the internal crossover.

2: Use a second Stereo RCA to Mini-Jack TRS cable to connect the subwoofer directly to my sound card's subwoofer output.

I happen to have a spare RCA to minijack laying around I could use, however it is color coded white and yellow, with a yellow minijack.

So the stupid question is, what is the yellow/white in terms of right/left? Also, is there anything wrong with this plan?

Note that I have my headphones plugged into the sound cards amped headphone output, and the speakers are plugged into the "front" output. The sub would be plugged (I assume) into the "C/SW" output.

Thanks

·
Eh, Wha?
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tK FuRY
View Post

Multimeter should do the trick

Well, Id need to actually have one

Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2
View Post

white = left
red = right
yellow = typically means video... but not in this case

Indeed... but since there is no red, and its a minijack on the other end, is it save to assume that they are using yellow as right in place of red with whitw remining left?

Its a bit of a moot point in any case, I've found another cable with normal coloring in the closet xD

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
for the mini plug (or any TRS plug for that matter)
Tip = left
Ring = right
shaft = ground (shared)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.