Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an Onkyo TX-SR607, which I have a mac mini hooked up to. The mini connects via hdmi to the onkyo, which then sends the signal to the tv.

The problem is that on the mac mini (which is running windows 7 btw) my monitors supported resolutions are not there. The display device is shown as the onkyo. I reinstalled the nvidia drivers, no change.

This was working just fine before the onkyo, when the mini went straight to the tv. My tv should be at 1360x768, but that's not even there. Not in resolutions, not in nvidia control panel.

Anyone have any idea what I can do?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A followup- I didnt mention the confounding issue in my post, but here's the solution anyways.

Resizing the desktop was not possible, because the nvidia resizing screen did not fit- I couldnt see the sliders as they were way off screen. Turns out that your font size must be at 100%. Mine was at 150. Changing the font to 100, logging out then back in allowed me to resize the desktop properly.

And then once that was done, I was able to put the font back at 150% and all was well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts