Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have recently decided to sell my HTC desire HD on ebay, and to do so I wanted to restore my phone to the original ROM it came shipped with, no roots or anything of that sort, just the original ROM. Could anyone please help me understand how to do this? Is there any place I can find the latest version of the original, untouched ROM for the Desire HD? I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S God why does this have to be so difficult with android phones, why couldn't they just do like apple did. Be able to restore your phone to the original : / ?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaNab;15253972
Hey everyone,

I have recently decided to sell my HTC desire HD on ebay, and to do so I wanted to restore my phone to the original ROM it came shipped with, no roots or anything of that sort, just the original ROM. Could anyone please help me understand how to do this? Is there any place I can find the latest version of the original, untouched ROM for the Desire HD? I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S God why does this have to be so difficult with android phones, why couldn't they just do like apple did. Be able to restore your phone to the original : / ?
Check out http://xda-developers.com. Look for the section for the Desire HD. I have the Inspire, which is basically the US version, and I know that there is a 'back to stock' ROM that is available for that, so I'm sure there is one for the Desire HD as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm ye I guess that could work... The thing I dont get though is why wouldnt HTC provide us with the official ROM on their website so that if something happens we would always be able to use it. To me it seems like the most logical thing to do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts