Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

New to the forums - and a newbie when it comes to overclocking.
Been tinkering with computers my whole life, and never touched on the subject of overclocking.

Well, sort of.. used the occational "Game mode" settings on the motherboards ive had.

But my current rig (i believe) is capable of so much more than that. And that is why i want to get some help to get started, and to find a safe clock that i can run without the machine getting damaged or shutting down.

First things first; my current rig:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K Prosessor, Socket-2011-3, 6-Core 3.4GHz (Currently running at 3.7 w/ Game Mode enabled on the mb)
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110i
MB: MSI X99A RAIDER, Socket-2011-3
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 16GB, 2x8GB 2400MHz (PC4-19200)
PSU: Cooler Master G750M

I'm looking into having a safe clock at around 4.5GHz, but from all the tutorials on YouTube that i can find, i just cant get it up and running.
I found one video from LTT that was related to the CPU, and i tried my best, but it just shut down when i booted up.

The CPU is running at around 35 Celcius at 3,7 GHz, and while playing BF1, it can reach 40-45.

So before i jump in to more detalis, maybe i'm in luck, and there is a member in here with the same CPU/MB - and can share their settings and reached clock speeds?

Best regards
Hans

·
New001
2,668 Posts
set defaults/ stock, run stress tests make sure all good
observe voltages in hwinfo or similar
lock in voltages and frequencies
lock in ram at 1600mhz or sometihng slowish
start increasing multiplier, stress test, increase core when bsod or fail stress test
once you get in the higher areas youll probably start needing to tweak other settings and voltages besides vcore
once you have a decent cpu overclock, try to bring the ram up to 2400 without using xmp or whatever, you may need to back off the cpu overclock a little..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts