Overclock.net banner

HELP! Sapphire RMA troubles

9015 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  XiDillon
ok so i have a bad 4830 right and i try to create a support ticket, no answer in 3 days

so i create a second ticket yet again i wait three days no answer to either

so i email the rma address they have listed [email protected] and they say this

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting Althon Micro, Inc.

First of all, please check the warranty provide by your dealer. If it is within their warranty period, we suggest you get service from them.

Sapphire brand new video graphic card carry 2 years limited warranty for parts and labor based on the date of original purchase receipt by our authorized reseller. For any Sapphire video card sold by non authorized reseller; missing the original receipt or sold as open box, the warranty period will be verified by the original video card manufacturing date-serial number.

Please fill out the attached RMA Return Authorization Form and send it back to [email protected] or fax to 909-594-9771 with a copy of the original purchase receipt in order to process your RMA Repair/Replace request. Once we receive both of them, we will process your RMA request and get back to you with an assign RMA number. Please do not return your card without a RMA number; otherwise all shipment will be refused.

The serial number of Sapphire video card starts from letter A, S or Z next to Made in China.

Made in China A0XXXXXXXXXXX Made in China Z0XXXXXXXXXXX Made in China S0XXXXXXXXXXX

Sapphire warranty covers free parts and labor only. We are the distribution center of Sapphire VGA products in the USA region. Per company policy, there is a basic administration fee of $15 US dollars for the RMA service. $15.00 covers one card and valid for 48 states of USA region customer only; any subsequent card will add $5.00 each. If you are from Alaska and Hawaii area, your administration fee will be $35.

If your region is not listed,please visit Sapphire website for technical support at
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/support/selectregion.php for troubleshooting or RMA services.

Thank you for the cooperation and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
RMA Dept.
Althon Micro, Inc. USA

ARE THEY FREAKIN TELLING ME I HAVE TO PAY 15 DOLLARS ON TOP OF SHIPPING TO GET MY G.D. CARD RMA'D

has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas please help
See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
What is that a deductible or something?

OP: Looks like it will cost you 15.00 to rma the card from what I read.
Yep, you're going to have to pay to ship it, plus $15. Thanks for reminding me never to buy from Sapphire.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elev8rSh0es View Post
ok so i have a bad 4830 right and i try to create a support ticket, no answer in 3 days

Dear Sir or Madam,

First of all, please check the warranty provide by your dealer. If it is within their warranty period, we suggest you get service from them.

Sapphire brand new video graphic card carry 2 years limited warranty for parts and labor based on the date of original purchase receipt by our authorized reseller. For any Sapphire video card sold by non authorized reseller; missing the original receipt or sold as open box, the warranty period will be verified by the original video card manufacturing date-serial number.

Please fill out the attached RMA Return Authorization Form and send it back to [email protected] or fax to 909-594-9771 with a copy of the original purchase receipt in order to process your RMA Repair/Replace request. Once we receive both of them, we will process your RMA request and get back to you with an assign RMA number. Please do not return your card without a RMA number; otherwise all shipment will be refused.

The serial number of Sapphire video card starts from letter A, S or Z next to Made in China.

Made in China A0XXXXXXXXXXX Made in China Z0XXXXXXXXXXX Made in China S0XXXXXXXXXXX

Sapphire warranty covers free parts and labor only. We are the distribution center of Sapphire VGA products in the USA region. Per company policy, there is a basic administration fee of $15 US dollars for the RMA service. $15.00 covers one card and valid for 48 states of USA region customer only; any subsequent card will add $5.00 each. If you are from Alaska and Hawaii area, your administration fee will be $35.

If your region is not listed,please visit Sapphire website for technical support at
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/support/selectregion.php for troubleshooting or RMA services.

Thank you for the cooperation and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
RMA Dept.
Althon Micro, Inc. USA

ARE THEY FREAKIN TELLING ME I HAVE TO PAY 15 DOLLARS ON TOP OF SHIPPING TO GET MY G.D. CARD RMA'D

Well, would you rather buy a new card, or spend $25 or so to have it fixed up and working perfectly?
See less See more
this is stupid i will see if i can get them to bill sapphire or something but i will never buy from them again

thank god my new card isnt a sapphire

keep the suggestions coming
Quote:

this is stupid i will see if i can get them to bill sapphire or something but i will never buy from them again

thank god my new card isnt a sapphire

keep the suggestions coming
What exactly do you want suggested? They spelled out their terms pretty clearly. Pay $15 for RMA service.
See less See more
That's why with sapphire cards it's better to rma it where you bought it. I rma'ed my sapphire 4870 to newegg and got a new one
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Quote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Regards,
RMA Dept.
Althon Micro, Inc. USA

The reason is because Sapphire doesn't actually handle their own RMA policies. They are outsourced to other companies. If you think the $15 is bad for the US, in the EU they have to pay 25EU per card.

It's actually not "administration fee" as they claim though, they charge you the $15 to pay for the packaging and the return shipment of the graphics card back to you so they are making you pay for shipping both ways. When you look at it in this perspective, Visiontek rocks
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Well, would you rather buy a new card, or spend $25 or so to have it fixed up and working perfectly?
well for the lack of support and charging to fix a problem they caused i will probably get rid of this card

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
What exactly do you want suggested? They spelled out their terms pretty clearly. Pay $15 for RMA service.
well like stuff to save me cash like the newegg suggestion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson2011 View Post
That's why with sapphire cards it's better to rma it where you bought it. I rma'ed my sapphire 4870 to newegg and got a new one
great idea REP+ was yours before or after the 30 day return policy
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson2011 View Post
before it actually got there on the 30th day lol
DAMN mines out but ill ask anyway. thanks for the idea tho
See less See more
i jus did this for my 4850 toxic.. i got it open box at newegg so i had no other option.. some idiot bent a capacitor almost off.. you basically have no other options unless newegg will take it back..
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellr4isEr View Post
i jus did this for my 4850 toxic.. i got it open box at newegg so i had no other option.. some idiot bent a capacitor almost off.. you basically have no other options unless newegg will take it back..
wow that sucks big time

i think im just going to sell mine to someone who will deal with this
See less See more
Quote:

wow that sucks big time

i think im just going to sell mine to someone who will deal with this
on march 3rd i filled out the form for my 4850 x2 and they gave me a RMA # and said this about the fee "* $15.00 administration fee has been waived by the RMA Dept."

I didn't ask them to waive it. In the first place I don't understand why $15 would be a problem when you just bought a new card... (Plus the fact newegg carries a straight 1 year warranty for VGA card replacement from time of purchase). My card was open box from newegg so i had no other option, it had artifacts and cold booting etc mostly ram issues I think.

Also the person who sends in the RMA has to have the original invoice of purchase. So only you would be able to RMA it.
See less See more
Sorry to dig up an old thread but let me say that I just filed an RMA and they didn't mention anything about a $15 fee. I guess they had too many people complain or something.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by sP00N View Post
Sorry to dig up an old thread but let me say that I just filed an RMA and they didn't mention anything about a $15 fee. I guess they had too many people complain or something.

FYI: I just sent in an RMA request today on a card I bought Aug. 2 2009 (today is 10-20-09). There was no mention of any fee only that I was responsible for the shipping to the RMA center.
See less See more
Saphire is a great company.. I paid $15 bucks for my RMA(i was too late to do it onnewegg), and they ended up upping me from a 1900xt to a HD2900?
Was it from Athlonmicro or something like that? Maybe they changed companies.

I had the same opportunity as xquisit(had a 1950) but I denied it because I didn't think my PSU could handle it.
how long does it take for a silly RMA full circle?! Should I buy another friggin card for the time being? of course if that card would then need an RMA too Im gonna return them a burned card and tell them to dispay it in their lobby.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.