Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i am using my element 32" 1080p tv for a monitor for a while. When i set it to HD 1080P in CCC settings, words look like crap...Kinda fuzy and stuff. is there any other setting i should do to make it look better? Also i have looked at some screen shots i took at 1920x1200 on my old monitor and they look like crap UNTIL i zoom in, when i zoom in, they look perfect, but i have to zoom in pretty far. thanks dont know if that will help but figured i would say it lol.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlaveOnDope View Post
Turn overscan off/set to 0% on both your tv and in CCC.
Make 100% sure you are at 60hz also.
where is overscan on ccc? ccc is showing 60hz, videos in 1080p look perfect, but text is all messed up

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Under Desktops and Displays, right click-> configure display, scaling options tab
found it, when i set it to 0, screen goes of the monitor a little. has to be set to 2-4 to still be on the monitor.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JumJum View Post
found it, when i set it to 0, screen goes of the monitor a little. has to be set to 2-4 to still be on the monitor.
That help the text quality any?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

That help the text quality any?
ohh yea, looks alot better on 0 then 7 which is what it was set to. Got it set to 3 or 4 right now so the screen does not go off the monitor. Still not right. Like for instance, HOME, at the top of the page looks more liek llome. There is no cross line on the H on my screen right now.

If i set overscan to 0, the cross line on H shows up. BUT about 1/4 inch of my desktop is off the screen.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Double check your TV settings for anything like overscan, pixel fitting, etc.
Play around with them while CCC is at 0% and see if you cant get the image to fit perfectly then.

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
My 5850 had a strange issue with not displaying properly on my Sammy C5000 at first. The resolution was correct at 1920x1080 but the image was compressed and did not fill the entire screen. After reinstalling Windows and installing the newest drivers the problem has gone away.

Turns out the display settings (specifically refresh rate) were not being properly applied to the card by the driver. All that was required to rectify the problem was opening CCC then closing it again and the settings would apply correctly...

Also, are you using a digital cable (HDMI or DVI) or are you using VGA? You will notice a much sharper image and more vibrant colors using a digital connection.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Double check your TV settings for anything like overscan, pixel fitting, etc.
Play around with them while CCC is at 0% and see if you cant get the image to fit perfectly then.
My tv has NO settings like that lol. Only has fleshtone, black correction and some other color related items.

Using HDMI. On bluray, PS3 and HD Cable, cable works fine so dont think that might be it.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
Sounds like the TV isnt sending EDID info to the PC to properly align the resolution. This happens sometimes if you use a DVI-HDMI cable/adapter. If you are not using the adapter then the only other two things I can think of are:

1) The TV doesnt have a PC EDID so the PC is using a generic TV signal or
2) the HDMI port in your TV was not designed with PC use in mind.

(My LG tv has 3 HDMI ports and 1 is setup specifically for PC use so it is configured automatically when I plug the PC in, but I get the same problems you have if I use a different port).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penryn View Post
Sounds like the TV isnt sending EDID info to the PC to properly align the resolution. This happens sometimes if you use a DVI-HDMI cable/adapter. If you are not using the adapter then the only other two things I can think of are:

1) The TV doesnt have a PC EDID so the PC is using a generic TV signal or
2) the HDMI port in your TV was not designed with PC use in mind.

(My LG tv has 3 HDMI ports and 1 is setup specifically for PC use so it is configured automatically when I plug the PC in, but I get the same problems you have if I use a different port).
Let me explain a little about this TV. THIS 32" TV is acually a 1080I model that had the 32" 1080P model parts installed. I called the company about this and the model i have does not have the option to do 1080P, it cannot be forced under no way. Now when i showed them pics of it in 1080p, and the option to use 1080p, they told me that there had been some customers who called in about this and they are aware of a accidental internal switch that gave some customers the 1080p screen inside the 1080i case if that makes any sense. Pretty much paid $250 for a 1080P 32" LCD lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JumJum View Post
Let me explain a little about this TV. THIS 32" TV is acually a 1080I model that had the 32" 1080P model parts installed. I called the company about this and the model i have does not have the option to do 1080P, it cannot be forced under no way. Now when i showed them pics of it in 1080p, and the option to use 1080p, they told me that there had been some customers who called in about this and they are aware of a accidental internal switch that gave some customers the 1080p screen inside the 1080i case if that makes any sense. Pretty much paid $250 for a 1080P 32" LCD lol.
Well that explains it. Most likely you will have to manually tweak it till it gives the display you want since there is no EDID on the TV for 1080p, or you can try and see if there is one for 720p, which it should have if it's 1080i as far as the EDID is concerned.

Quote:
Extended display identification data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source (e.g. graphics card, Set-top box). It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what kind of monitor is connected. EDID is defined by a standard published by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). The EDID includes manufacturer name and serial number, product type, phosphor or filter type, timings supported by the display, display size, luminance data and (for digital displays only) pixel mapping data.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Turn sharpness down to 0

Underscan fix

Fiddle with CCC

These are the 3 things, I did with my new HDTV and it now looks LOVELY JUBALEY!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts