Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that netflix movie rentals started to have live movies from there website in just 30 seconds. I became a member at my girlfriends house and started to watch a movie. It took about 45 seconds of loading and then played all the way through. She has bellsouth DSL....
I came home and tried it on my computer and it said it would take 2 hours and 13 minutes to load because my internet was to slow. I have bellsouth DSL also....
Ive always noticed that our internet wasnt as fast. My wireless card says that I am getting 54mbs. what could the problem be? what are some easy ways to fix it and speed it up?
Also, I think it is causeing a ping problem to on games. I constantly get kicked from servers even when I turn off all other computers connected to the same network.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAeric View Post
You are getting a 54mbs connection to your router, not to your ISP.

Generally, DSL sucks, get cable.
Darn... ya beat me to it

·
Premium Member
18,217 Posts
And is your girlfriend on wireless or connected directy to the dsl modem ? I have bellsouth dsl to 6mbit i can get stuff pretty fast 1gig in about 15mins or less. Whats your wireless signal like to ? That site down their might be able to help you more they have a bellsouth forum made just to help people with differt dsl related problems.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,bels

·
Premium Member
18,217 Posts
she might be closer to the co or dslam and get a stronger modem signal. Dsl works on distance the farther you are from the dslam or co the lower your speed is. Like im like 100feet or so and i pay for 42.99 package i get 800KB a sec or more most times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts