Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new PNY SSD 120gb and the only game I installed was WoW. Well upon looking at my storage left it shows 50gb. then all of a sudden it drops to 14gb then to 0.

Once I reboot the storage comes back to normal then through the day will lose storage again. I dont know what is going on with my SSD or possible windows 10 issue.

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,705 Posts
Scan your SSD with treesize to find out what is using all your free space up. My guess its hibernation and your page file.

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman_90 View Post

Scan your SSD with treesize to find out what is using all your free space up. My guess its hibernation and your page file.
hibernation and page file are both disabled. could chrome be using my storage space? I will run the program once it does it again. currently I have my 50gb back since I rebooted so It hasn't done it as of yet

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post

hibernation and page file are both disabled. could chrome be using my storage space? I will run the program once it does it again. currently I have my 50gb back since I rebooted so It hasn't done it as of yet
You recently upgrade to 10 from 7 or something? Windows keeps the update files around for awhile sometimes in case you want to switch back.

Also might just want to try a check disk. Sound like its free space calculation is corrupted or something.

Admin command line:

chkdsk /f

Also might not hurt to do a system file check:

sfc /scannow

Good luck!

·
PC Gamer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman_90 View Post

You recently upgrade to 10 from 7 or something? Windows keeps the update files around for awhile sometimes in case you want to switch back.

Also might just want to try a check disk. Sound like its free space calculation is corrupted or something.

Admin command line:

chkdsk /f

Also might not hurt to do a system file check:

sfc /scannow

Good luck!
new system. I had 7 installed then upgraded to 10. I cant remember if I did a fresh 10 install or not. ssd is brand new. I just don't know how 50gb can just disappear for no reason

·
Registered
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post

new system. I had 7 installed then upgraded to 10. I cant remember if I did a fresh 10 install or not. ssd is brand new. I just don't know how 50gb can just disappear for no reason
Check to make sure the slider in system restore isn't set to use a huge percentage of the drive. That's been the culprit in many similar cases as yours that I've worked on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts