Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the search for a new AM3 socket mobo. I have a thought on one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131363

For a gaming/video and mild folding PC, moderately oc'ed w/ a Phenom II 965 c3.
(xfire support recommended)

I am open so suggestions and the pros and cons of one board versus another. Thank you for your suggestions and input.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Nerf, That is the one I selected and it has performed flawlessly, solid reputation. I tend to stay with ASUS because I like the way the BIOS is presented (among other things) I did go with Gigabyte for my 775 socket mobo and it took me awhile to adjust to the way the BIOS is presented, still I got it. I used the M4A78T-E also (when I wanted to save money) but it does not have the full 8-pin socket for cpu power, somewhat of a drawback, but it unlocked a 550BE without issue.

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
I had the M4A79-T deluxe. It was perfect IMO. Worked like a dream, Overclock like a beast and never let me down. Best 790fx board no doubt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by toyz72 View Post
why not get an asus 890gx? its cheap and has it all.
I'm not to hyped up about the on-board graphics and will move to the 890 chipset when the FX is released.

I am glad to hear the success of the board I am pondering about, and it is becoming an easier decision to purchase it. Anyone run into the BIOS issues that apparently these boards have and if it is an all to common problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts