Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of trying to figure out speeds everytime I change something. I wrote a very crude calculator. Does anybody mind taking a look at it? I promise there are no virii or anything nasty. You will need the .net framework though.

Thanks in advance. I can customize it for the overclock.net site if the community thinks it is good enough. But I am guessing that the calculations. I want to make sure it is accurate.

Edit: File changed to newer version.

·
Registered
386 Posts
great pal!

·
Registered
386 Posts
xavier do u think its good enough to use i do it quite good

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I think its a nice tool. still doing some research though.

The math is correct, its easy to understand.

·
Registered
386 Posts
yup, great job man :)

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! If anyone has any suggestions I can add those in too. I also guessed at the ranges and the dividers, is there a 2:1 (or any others)?

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I made some modifications to match the overclock.net colors. (admin, if I missunderstood your PM feel free to remove). I hope this tool can eventually make it into a sticky of some sort. Started out to just be for me, but it may prove useful to others. That's what this site is all about anyway, right? Comments are welcome, even the negative ones.

EDIT: Still requires .NET, I was going to make a proper installer but that would have increased the size way too much to be useful.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
The grey numbers are hard to read, maybe make them a little brighter?

If I were you, and I could do what you do, I'd add an area for HTT frequency (not just the HTT=FSB) so that people can experiment with different HTT multi's.

Say, I'm clocking my A64 3400 (754), so I bump it up to 250, stock HTT multi is 4.

4x250 = 1000 (is there a way to make this number RED when it passes a certain number? for instance have it green up until 800, yellow through 900, and then red and flashing through up to and past 1000?)

There's a lot you could do with this, maybe a button to switch from Socket A->754->939
then each socket corresponds to different HTT/FSB etc configs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
if he has done it in VB then yes it is easy to make them light up different colours for different amounts simple if statements. The tough part is programming all the maths so it works. good job

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn

if he has done it in VB then yes it is easy to make them light up different colours for different amounts simple if statements. The tough part is programming all the maths so it works. good job

It would just be a matter of gathering all of the data required for *most* chips and socket types I guess I could use the AMD roadmap data. I was thinkin about doing something like that.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
If I were you, and I could do what you do, I'd add an area for HTT frequency (not just the HTT=FSB) so that people can experiment with different HTT multi's.
This is where my "newbiness" comes into play. I know about the multiplier and there is a multi there. Is there another multiplier that I obviously am un-aware of?

And I agree with the gray, I am not that good with visual stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Actually, to implement what I would like to see, only requires the addition of Socket 754 and Socket 939 HTT multipliers, with a seperate window for HTT Freq.

Socket 754's have 800MHz one way HTT (200x4) while Socket 939s have 1000MHz one way HTT (200x5)

if Socket 754's HTT is turned up to say, 250x4 = 1000...the system will not boot or not be stable. (whence the red and flashing idea)

Socket 939's are similar. The guys who overclock the snot out of there 939's and 754's drop the HTT multi's to 1 and 1.5, occasionally 2, just so they can run the FSB through the roof.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD
This is where my "newbiness" comes into play. I know about the multiplier and there is a multi there. Is there another multiplier that I obviously am un-aware of?

And I agree with the gray, I am not that good with visual stuff.
Socket A's have 1 multiplier = CPU multi

FSBxMulti = clock speed

Socket 754's and 939's have two multipliers = HTT, CPU

FSBxCPUmulti = clockspeed

FSBxHTTmulti = HTT Frequency

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
Socket A's have 1 multiplier = CPU multi

FSBxMulti = clock speed

Socket 754's and 939's have two multipliers = HTT, CPU

FSBxCPUmulti = clockspeed

FSBxHTTmulti = HTT Frequency
Thanks for the input I will try and get this going today (might be tonight) Are the ranges for the HTT and multi's OK? I do realize that i should add in the .5s for the cpu multi. Or, is there a published list for diff. chips?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I would add half multi's up through 15... (14 being the max I know of...so 15 is a good peak)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts