Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've got an i5 4460 3.2 - 3.4ghz And I'm trying to get it to run its maximum ratio on all cores x34 simultaneously .

When I had a 4790k, id just say yes to enable all core enhancement and then all cores got up on their max ratio constant (x44)

But when I do it on my 4460 it still does not go over x32 under full load.

Is this option locked for me when I have a non k? I have read multiple places that would still be possible to run its max turbo ratio on all cores? even if it is non k

Specs:

Asus Z97-P
Core I5 4460
Asus GTX 780 DirectCU ll
Crucial Ballistix SP 16GB 4x4GB DDR3
Antec H620 KÜhler
320 GB Samsung 2.5 HDD
Coolermaster 600 watt PSU

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it does on one or two cores with that.. but i mean i should be able to make all cores run that speed??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenn82 View Post

go on this page in bios, and change the Auto to enabled for Multicore enhancement. Asus will run all cores, if capable by the processor, to the max turbo ratio. Theoretically, if one or two do 36, it can run all at 36. If processor will.

https://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/6/5/6572_25_asus_z97_pro_intel_z97_motherboard_circuit_and_overclocking_guide.png

let us know how it goes
thumb.gif
That option only has. Auto or disabled.. and gets enabled when you turn on XMP.. ive tried and still nothing

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john420 View Post

like this guy?

unfortunately disabling EIST does nothing for me
No. That is MSI bios. Not the same. Eist is speed step. It onlu drops cpu to 800mhz when it's idling

Go to that tab that i plopped down. Enable the multicore enhancement. That willake all cores run at max turbo

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

No. That is MSI bios. Not the same. Eist is speed step. It onlu drops cpu to 800mhz when it's idling

Go to that tab that i plopped down. Enable the multicore enhancement. That willake all cores run at max turbo
That option only has. Auto or disabled.. and gets enabled when you turn on XMP.. ive tried and still nothing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You see ??

I find it really strange that a mobo with B85M is able to do it while a z97 cant ???

Does that mean ill have to get a older and more locked down chipset for me be able to achieve this??

and no the setting doesnt change if i have overclock tuner selected to XMP. and i have the latest bios

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That is pretty crazy.

Completely blow out the CMOS settings. Start from scratch.

Set it to XMP and enable the Asus Multicore Enhancement. It should give you enabled, disabled, and auto. Not just auto and disabled. If its set to auto, it should use it.

Anyone else have some input on this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just tried and still only 3.2 on all cores now.. not anything over.. im starting to think all kinds of crazy things..

Would like to ask ASUS directly but cant get on their forum because i lost my serial number..

guess ill gave to buy a b85m mobo apparently.. never seen something like this.
mad.gif
mad.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im tempted to try and reinstall the cpu to see if all pins are making the contact they should.. just a shot in the dark.. but it should be installed perfectly.. and i guess would make other errors if it wasnt

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john420 View Post

Just tried and still only 3.2 on all cores now.. not anything over.. im starting to think all kinds of crazy things..

Would like to ask ASUS directly but cant get on their forum because i lost my serial number..

guess ill gave to buy a b85m mobo apparently.. never seen something like this.
mad.gif
mad.gif
dont go downgrading your mobo...that is silly talk. If anything, look to upgrade to a 4770/4790k. In future...just an idea

About bent pins? be careful not to introduce any problems, but its worth a shot. Ive heard more things like bad memory clocks, stability issues, etc on bent pins...not hitting full turbo speeds.

I did find this, similar situation on same generation chip you have. looks like Asus stopped the feature from fully working in a micro code update for the 4th gens. Maybe the dude with the B85 (older generation, no M.2 support) didnt update his bios and it worked. Your best bet is to get a k chip. that 4670k/4690k or 4770k/4790k looks even better, eh?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1580888/i5-4440s-multicore-enhancement

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kinda sad because i traded my I7 4790K For this because i wasnt using its full potential when gaming.. and hoped i would atleast be able to do 3.4 constant with this.. otherwise i wouldnt have done the trade..

Im used to running at 4.7 on my 4790k. so 1.5ghz feels like a major downgrade..

But funny enough even at 3.2 i dont see the major difference in games going from a i7 to i5.. so guess ill just have to be happy with it
smile.gif

Thanks for trying to help though!
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucode View Post

What microcode version is shown in the BIOS?
you might want to walk him through that

·
PC Evangelist
47,475 Posts
My i5 3450 does 3.7GHz all cores. I set it at 39 on Bios. Basically you should be able to do +400MHz.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Quote:

you might want to walk him through that
Nevermind, taking a quick look at the oldest and newest BIOS shows the necessary microcode for turbo exploit aka MCE.

@john420 Try under Ai Tweaker
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement Auto
CPU Core Ratio Sync All Cores
1-Core Ratio Limit 34

Unless Asus has disabled this exploit it should work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

My i5 3450 does 3.7GHz all cores. I set it at 39 on Bios. Basically you should be able to do +400MHz.
Haswell desktop CPU does not enjoy the extra bins Ivy and Sandy get, if it did then it would be possible to unlock them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts