Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what should my next upgrade be?? I'm not really looking to go with the 8800's just yet(I mean look at what happened with the 7900 series) But i'm kinda stumped as to what i should think of next?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Make the jump to the 8800's series. I myself am looking in that direction... the question is really, whether to shell out $400 or $600! Huge price differential. Other than that, the added benefit would be the DX10 drivers...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I would sugest a new screen , because , i must be seeing bad but you're using 7900GT's in SLI for 1280x1024?
A new 20/22" screen would make wonders to your gameplay, and would unleash those big mosnters you got there!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually just got a second monitor a hans G 19in wide, That i've just started using a few days ago, I hadn't updated my system specs completely, Do you think this is still not big enough? i can take it back or sell it for a few bucks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Well ,when using dual-screen configuration(wich i think is your case), i think sli is only used in one of the screnns, and most of the games don't support dual-screen configs.And if they do , you'll get the weird resolution of 2880 per 900 pixels, wich isn't very good for gaming(except in Flight SImulators)
So i would suggest these screens.
The benq and viewsonic one's are pretty good, and the 1st viewsonic has bult-in speakers and subwoofer with iPOd dock, that can be a plus if you're an iPod owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.