Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying for two days to unlock my other two cores on my X2 BE. I followed the guides I read about switching to hybrid and such. I ran CPU-Z and it said I had a X4 but at the bottom it showed I only had two cores going. So next I tried msconfig, boot, advanced and I could only select one or two cores. I read that maybe you need to up the voltage and I tried that in AMD overdrive but every time I changed the voltages and restarted the cpu voltage and nb voltage went back to what the default was like I never changed them. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
You really need to fill out the details of your rig first before we can help more HERE

What board exactly do you have? and do you have an aftermarket cpu cooler?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake guys, after messing with it for three hours I was in a rush, I filled out my details. I have the 550 black edition on a gigabyte ma770t-ud3p board with bios flashed to f2c. I switched it to hybrid and turned on acc and when I ran cpu-z it showed it as a X4 but only two cores. I thought maybe the other two cores were bad that is why it wasn't showing up but I read that sometimes you can mess with voltages on each core and they will show up. I am not sure how to do this in the bios and I didn't know if there was any other tricks that might get the cores to show up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Does the board have a Core Control function? also if you do have the stock heatsink...i would not recommend unlocking the chip, that's gonna overheat very quickly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
Device manager
See those two "drivers" under processor?
Uninstall them both
Restart - 4 cores get installed upon restart
You win, now make sure it is stable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd-dude;13155947
Does the board have a Core Control function? also if you do have the stock heatsink...i would not recommend unlocking the chip, that's gonna overheat very quickly
I searched and I believe it does but I don't really know what that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;13156522
Device manager
See those two "drivers" under processor?
Uninstall them both
Restart - 4 cores get installed upon restart
You win, now make sure it is stable
I went to device manager and clicked processor and four showed up, am I supposed to click the bottom two and uninstall the drivers for them then restart?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
Try uninstalling them all then restart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
The core control option lets you select which cores you want to be active, usually core 1 and 2 are the stable default cores while 3 and 4 are the dormant ones, what you should do is run different combos of the cores ie 1,2,3 and then 1,2,4 and see if it works then...also u need to set the core unlocker function to ON and ACC to AUTO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;13158224
Try uninstalling them all then restart
I clicked on each ones property tab then driver tab and uninstalled all four drivers and it still didn't work even after restarting twice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd-dude;13161427
The core control option lets you select which cores you want to be active, usually core 1 and 2 are the stable default cores while 3 and 4 are the dormant ones, what you should do is run different combos of the cores ie 1,2,3 and then 1,2,4 and see if it works then...also u need to set the core unlocker function to ON and ACC to AUTO
I know how to turn ACC to auto and turn the bios to hybrid but I am not sure if I know where that core control is. Is it in my bios menu?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;13156522
Device manager
See those two "drivers" under processor?
Uninstall them both
Restart - 4 cores get installed upon restart
You win, now make sure it is stable
Wait...
what???
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top