Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my M4A78 Pro set up and I need to update the BIOS. The internet isn't setup on the PC yet, so how would I download something from this PC to update the BIOS? Btw, every time I restart the PC I have to reset CMOS, this is why I'm updating BIOS. Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
645 Posts
Your board has a 3 pin jumper. It should say "Clear CMOS", "CMOS", or something along those lines. This jumper may be set on the two pins to clear the CMOS evertime your PC posts. Try moving it to the other pin. If not then the best way to get the bios is to get online with another computer, and go to your boards manufacturers website download and put on a flash drive (USB mem Stick) Good luck M8

EDIT: What joemaniaci says is very true to, but try the pins first.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nonono, I'm resetting it on PURPOSE. If I don't the system won't boot, I just need to know how to reset BIOS please
Thanks anyway though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If ....you check the ASUS CPU support list....you'll see you need the 0902 BIOS to even boot the 955.

Slap almost any Athlon X2 in there and update to 0902 BIOS or higher.....then put the 955 in. Even the latest BIOS ....the 1203 is still fixing LAN problems with certain AM3 CPU's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah I got it, What I did was reset the CMOS, but the new BIOS on windows, restarted comp, then updated bios, and it was fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts