Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a new laptop, the ASUS k501UX http://www.amazon.com/K501UX-15-inch-Gaming-Processor-Windows/dp/B0146DD02G

I have had a few issues with it (having to hard reset the computer once, not being able to select the prompt that would allow me to type in the password on wake up, etc), and decided that updating the drivers may be a good idea.

However, I tried to update a few drivers and it resulted in the computer telling me that the drivers already installed are the best possible drivers.

What??

So, am I doing something wrong? If not, what could be causing the weird situations described above?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,455 Posts
I'm not surprised that you already have the latest drivers because that's very modern laptop.

When did this problem start happening?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,455 Posts
Something like this wouldn't be caused by out of date drivers; it might be a failing hardware problem. Is this laptop still returnable or under warranty?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alltheGHz View Post

You bet, but what makes you think that it is being caused by a hardware failure?
I may have jumped on that one too soon; when you have to "select the prompt that would allow [you] to type in the password on wake up", is this done in Windows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts