Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first WC build was water-cooling an Xbox 360 and that was quite fun.

I steered clear of WC as they were just too expensive for PC at the time.

Now I am just tired of having two Vega 64s in my rig, they sound like a vacuum cleaner when I game.

I understand the basics; 1 CPU + 2 GPU = Should be fine with two 240 Rads or one 480 rad

Rads? check.
Tubing? soft, check. (I really am not building for looks, only sound and efficiency, unless someone can explain why hard tubes are better at cooling and longevity than soft tubes, until then soft fer meh thx)
Res? depends on pump.

Pump? no bloody clue.
Everyone says "buy a good one" what...what is a good one, how do you tell? is this a brand thing? D5? DC?! please help.

For these high heat expelling components, would anyone recommend a Pump+Res combo or does that have nothing to do with heat.
I understand that it's less tubing if I go with the combo, but then we get back to which or what kind of Pump should I look for.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Combos are mainly for simplicity. There is no cooling difference.

I've had two EK D5 PWM pumps and one Watercool WCP D5 Vario. No real difference between them, other than the Vario model having the dial for manual speed control. All three were equally silent.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up going with:
EK-KIT X240
EK-CoolStream XE 240 (Double) XE
EK-FC Radeon Vega - Acetal+Nickel x2

just to make my life easier. Googling DDC vs. D5 doesnt really bring much up.

Now I just hope that Res+pump from the X240 kit will actually fit in my Roswill Rise case.

·
PC Evangelist
46,938 Posts
Not sure how well 2x 240 can cool your setup.

·
roaming in his fishtank
197 Posts
DDC or D5 isn't really relevant, the only concern to choose one or the other is mainly how much place do you have in your case. Generally a DDC/res combo is smaller then a D5/res combo with res of same size.
And i have nearly the same combo as you (1800x + 2rx vega64) but i'm going overkill with a big mora 420 pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts