Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just received my first ever ssd vertex 2 and I went into bios and turned on achi and installed win7. when installing the first part and done. the comp restarts and it suppose to go into the second step which is finalize and for some reason it restarts the first process again. any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It's automatically booting into whatever your installing windows from. (Or you are booting into the installation source again, which you don't do.)

Remove the DVD after the first step. (If it's a DVD for example.)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Um, not sure what the issue is, but I can tell you that you need to make your SSD drive the default and first boot device inside of your BIOS.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
normally with the cd in there after the first process it goes into the second process with no question.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well yes, on a traditional hard drive, you install using your DVD and after the first step is done it reboots and boots from your hard drive and finishes the process. No need for the DVD anymore.

Not sure if it's different for a SSD but I couldn't imagine it being too different of an installation process if at all.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes the ssd is 1st boot. when i activate achi that means all my sata drives in comp will be in achi does that affect it?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Couldn't tell you. I just figured that you were booting into the DVD again by accident because it restarts the first installation process.

Then you said if you take the DVD out it says something about no CD/DVD. (Which sounds like it's still trying to boot into a CD/DVD)

That's why I said make sure your SSD is #1.

Beyond that I can't help you, sorry. Maybe you should try going into your boot menu when your PC first turns on and manually selecting your SSD in the list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts