Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got my ultra.. now i want to overclock.

my stock clocks are

core: 660
shader:1512
memory: 1150

so i want to know which program is the best to use with my card (its MSI if that matters)

what clocks should i go for?

if i overvolt how much is too much?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
964 Posts
You can probably find a good deal of software for overclocking video cards. However, the main ones that come to mind and usually have more support are RivaTuner and ATITools.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Use ATITOOL, from what I understand it has its own scanner to detect artifacts. Every card is different when it comes to OCing so don't expect to get someone elses amazing results. There are too many steps to list in just one post, it would be a giant wall of text. The main concept is to raise the clocks up, one at a time, and test them for artifacting untill they can go no further. It's a rather tedious and time consuming project, but can yield some pretty amazing results. For a more in depth article, read this. As for volt modding, you will have to ask someone else.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,295 Posts
That's a powerful card there... I just looked it up and went... O_O

I am soooooo envying you right now... despite me having a 295, I still want that card... >.<

Where'd you get it?

Edit: For OCing use EVGA Precision and use GPUtool for artifact testing as it records how long ago the last artifact was found.

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by thumbhammer
View Post

Use ATITOOL, from what I understand it has its own scanner to detect artifacts. Every card is different when it comes to OCing so don't expect to get someone elses amazing results. There are too many steps to list in just one post, it would be a giant wall of text. The main concept is to raise the clocks up, one at a time, and test them for artifacting untill they can go no further. It's a rather tedious and time consuming project, but can yield some pretty amazing results. For a more in depth article, read this. As for volt modding, you will have to ask someone else.

you can use ATITOOL with nvidia?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Indeed thumbhammer, I myself use ATITool. I use the artifact scanner and let it run for 20 minutes to see if its stable. To further check stability I let furmark run for an hour in full screen mode at 1400x900.

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imglidinhere
View Post

That's a powerful card there... I just looked it up and went... O_O

I am soooooo envying you right now... despite me having a 295, I still want that card... >.<

Where'd you get it?

Edit: For OCing use EVGA Precision and use GPUtool for artifact testing as it records how long ago the last artifact was found.

i got mine off ebay.... just search and you will find plenty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts