Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research and have conflicting reports on what I should do. I am currently running and FX-8350 on an Asus Crosshair V formula-z and I wanna water cool my system. I have heard that if I water cool the cpu I must cool the VRM / MOSFETs due to the fact that they become extremely hot on most amd boards so I was wondering what your guys opinion was.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm4goth View Post

I have done some research and have conflicting reports on what I should do. I am currently running and FX-8350 on an Asus Crosshair V formula-z and I wanna water cool my system. I have heard that if I water cool the cpu I must cool the VRM / MOSFETs due to the fact that they become extremely hot on most amd boards so I was wondering what your guys opinion was.
My system runs fine on watercooling. 1.5 vcore too. If they do get too warm for comfort get a stronger rear exhaust fan and that will pull enough air over them.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puunh View Post

My system runs fine on watercooling. 1.5 vcore too. If they do get too warm for comfort get a stronger rear exhaust fan and that will pull enough air over them.
I got a corsair 750D with a stock 140mm exhaust fan... its either I get the water block for the VRM / MOSFETs or the waterblock for my gtx 780

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthm4goth View Post

I got a corsair 750D with a stock 140mm exhaust fan... its either I get the water block for the VRM / MOSFETs or the waterblock for my gtx 780
Well that's a hard decision. I know it's a tough choice that a lot of people have to.... waiiiit a second.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puunh View Post

Well that's a hard decision. I know it's a tough choice that a lot of people have to.... waiiiit a second.
what do you mean? I assume you mean it should be an easy choice that I am just making more difficult and blowing out of proportion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts