Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble overclocking my 6800gt. i have coolbits 2 in my registry and read all the websites about overclocking these cards but I still can't do it. I changed the core clock to just 5mhz up and tested it but failed everytime. I have a swiftech waterblock on and the idle temp is at 10 degrees. the test was done on performance (3d). I can't even go up 1 mhz on this cuz the tests keep on failing. What do i do? is it just my luck?

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
If you can't overclock by even 1 mhz, the card may be clock-locked. I am not sure, but there should be a way to remove the lock. General?

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you already got rivatuner or an overclocking software on your comp ?

e/g.... 2x Overclocking progs or more you have installed on your pc ?

I have a 6800n/u. and installed me drivers, then installed rivatuner, I then tried to overclock, It just keeped saying "Failed to overclock to required settings" (same as what your getting) so i uninstalled rivatuner, then overclocked, and it worked fine. Once overclocked as far as i could push it I then installed rivatuner to unlock the extra pipes,

So just install your set of drivers "ONLY" then try overclock

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
the card is not locked in any way. is your power connector hooked up(stupid q, but) and u should try rivatuner, any maybe the newer drivers.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357

OFF TOPIC
dude, i though you were at school......im supposed to also, but im sick today......

lol i am, my school has wireless internet and im on my laptop at study hall:shades2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYpe

Have you already got rivatuner or an overclocking software on your comp ?

e/g.... 2x Overclocking progs or more you have installed on your pc ?

I have a 6800n/u. and installed me drivers, then installed rivatuner, I then tried to overclock, It just keeped saying "Failed to overclock to required settings" (same as what your getting) so i uninstalled rivatuner, then overclocked, and it worked fine. Once overclocked as far as i could push it I then installed rivatuner to unlock the extra pipes,

So just install your set of drivers "ONLY" then try overclock

yeah this sounds like the same problem as mine. ive edited my registry with coolbits so would i need to revert to the old registry as well as uninstalling rivatuner? i remember trying to overclock before with the latest nvidia drivers and coolbits 2 and that was also not letting me overclock. should i uninstall the drivers and try again?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantomtib

yeah this sounds like the same problem as mine. ive edited my registry with coolbits so would i need to revert to the old registry as well as uninstalling rivatuner? i remember trying to overclock before with the latest nvidia drivers and coolbits 2 and that was also not letting me overclock. should i uninstall the drivers and try again?

yeah, reinstall the drivers and use drivercleaner after. just incase theres something left there...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantomtib

Yup just install the new batch of drivers I use extreme G drivers

http://www.valancestudios.com/index.php

Once you get the drivers u want dont get anything else ...use the provided software with the Drivers. then overclock. After you found the pacific settings you want, THEN you can install rivatuner or whatever you want.

good
luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is exactly what I have

Case: Lian Li PC-60
PSU: Ultra x-connect 500watt
CPU: AMD 64 3200+ (winchester)
Cooling: Swiftech MCW6002-64 Water Block (cpu)/Swiftech MCW50-T (graphics card), Swiftech MCP600 Pump
Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe
Memory: 2x512 Crucial Ballistix PC4000
Hard Drive: 2x36gig Raptors raid 0
Video Card: BFG 6800gt
Mouse: Logitech MX500
Keyboard: Logitech Elite
Operating System: Windows XP Pro
Extras: Matrix Orbital 212, Vantech Nexus fan controller

I tried to install some other drivers and now my computer is going nuts! The computer won't let me install my 3d card's driver. And i've reformatted my computer so many times. All with drivers directly from the Nvidia site. I checked adapter information and it says that i'm having irq conflicts and that my 3d card is not working properly. Every time. Another time I tried to reinstall from the update driver window and it said that it could not find a file named NV(something... system file; ill get that later) but it was from the driver cache in my windows folder. Sometimes when I restart my computer the display gets these vertical lines and just looks really *^&#@! up. I don't have a clue as to whats going on. I thought a fresh restart would have cured all my problems!! help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts