Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to put that fan there? I know i can use zip ties but what about dust and it kind of looks ugly like that, is there something i can buy to cover it up?

I was thinking of doing that feeding the cpu cooler fresh air from the front.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Take those two covers that would have gone there, and attach the fan to the backside of them. A little cutting, and or gluing may be involved, but should turn out well in the end. You could use some long screws to go through the outside of the panels through the small holes into the fan, and use washers with nuts to attach...and IMO, i would leave a small space between the fan and grill if you can, it will help with noise and improve airflow...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1 View Post
Take those two covers that would have gone there, and attach the fan to the backside of them. A little cutting, and or gluing may be involved, but should turn out well in the end. You could use some long screws to go through the outside of the panels through the small holes into the fan, and use washers with nuts to attach...and IMO, i would leave a small space between the fan and grill if you can, it will help with noise and improve airflow...
Those top grills dont have holes in them they are completely sealed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchbowman View Post
how about buying some of that mesh and bending up your own dual drive bay cover to screw the fan to
Where can I get something like that?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2142
View Post

Where can I get something like that?

Any Perforated sheet metal/mesh found in your local area would do the job but something like this would do the job very nicely , just make sure you match it to the size of the mesh currently on the case

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweeet! thanks to lefty67 I got my grills!!!

I was thinking of putting down a very small zip tie down both grills from the inside and it wont be seen from out side. I ran out of zip ties though so ill try it tomorrow after a trip to frys.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, I am having hard time finding what I should use to get the grills to stay there.

Once I managed to get that I think 2 80mm fans wont work, I think ill need 2 60mm or maybe 1 60 and 1 80. I am going to go to frys tomorrow I couldn't today because I had a lot going on. I am going to ask someone there to help find 2 fans that I am able to squeez through that hole.

Also, There are like 3 bucks fan filters like this:
http://www.frys.com/product/6069728?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I think those are worth it. I dont know how much air flow that will sacrifice, but I dont want dust going directly from outside into my case. On those they are supposed to be easy to clean.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright Thanks to my dad I got a sweet grill setup!!!
What I did was use the backs of the grill and cut a window and just placed the grill back where it was here is some pics of it!!! Just need to mount 2 70mm or 60mm which ever fits and filters and I am golden!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts