Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my firend has a cfi-s986 mob(chayang mini bare bone) it has a 533 fsb but he inst sure if it will accept a pentiium 4 2.8ghz 533fsb without a bios update as the company dosnt sem to supply 1! bin on the web site nothng there even googled it nothing. if some1 can help in this matter thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeu2k1

my firend has a cfi-s986 mob(chayang mini bare bone) it has a 533 fsb but he inst sure if it will accept a pentiium 4 2.8ghz 533fsb without a bios update as the company dosnt sem to supply 1! bin on the web site nothng there even googled it nothing. if some1 can help in this matter thanks

This is a tough one. Done all the usual. I've also phoned the headquaters, both line but know joy. I e-mailed them and if they dont respond, IF it's very important for you, I will go to the headquaters that are about 40 mins away from me.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Which 2.8 are we referring to? If it's a northwood, you should have no problems. If it's a prescott, and there is no mention of prescott compliance anywhere on the product page, in the manual, etc, then it probably will not work.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

Which 2.8 are we referring to? If it's a northwood, you should have no problems. If it's a prescott, and there is no mention of prescott compliance anywhere on the product page, in the manual, etc, then it probably will not work.

gibant if u can i would appreciate it loads the board and case is quite old that old its runnig a 2.0ghz celeron.........

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
phew, something stinks....

oh, you just said "celeron"
ugh.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeu2k1

gibant if u can i would appreciate it loads the board and case is quite old that old its runnig a 2.0ghz celeron.........

I'll go there tommorrow. And see what they say.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

I'll go there tommorrow. And see what they say.

i dont have a celeron i have the best cpu in the #world an amd 64....he uses his celeron for hl2 and d3 with afx5200 finks his graphics are gud.....he hasnt seen mine

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Usually, BIOS updates are required to ensure Celeron support. So, it should work fine w/ a Willamette or Northwood 2.8 (but probably not a Prescott).

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Door locked, no sign of life i'm afraid and no reply to my e-mail. But I agree with No Affinity. I wouldnt try a presott not just the bios there's the heat issue to contend with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts