Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've run into a bit of a problem with adding a second R9 290x to my computer and subsequently my water cooling loop. I am using two Razor blocks from XSPC with a crossfire bridge between the two, but I don't think I'm getting any water through the first block. The first GPU is getting immensely hot and causing my computer to shut down, I believe the liquid is going straight through the bridge instead. Does anyone know another way for me to configure the block so that the water is forced to go through? As far as I knew with these blocks it doesn't matter how you configure the in/out ports but maybe I'm wrong. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, trying to get my computer back on its feet again ASAP. Also this image was from when I was leak testing the loop, I will attach a more updated image when I get the chance tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
You are not getting any flow at all though the top block. You have the fluid entering and exiting from the same side of the top block so it can't circulate through the block. You need to move the top fitting over to the same side as the lower fitting so fluid travels through both blocks.

Edit:
If you want the inlet and outlet tubes on opposite sides of the blocks like you have them you would need to have two bridges in place for parallel flow - where each card gets 50% of the flow. With just one bridge the flow will be in serial so each card gets 100% of the flow one after the other. It doesn't matter which direction the flow goes through a GPU block but it must enter one side's port, flow around the block, and leave from the other side.

Two GPUs in Series:
Two GPUs in Series

Two GPUs in Parallel:
Two GPUs in Parallel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright so it's as I thought. Thanks a lot for the confirmation, I'll go move my fitting when I get the chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts