Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

this is my first OC so bare with me. I just finished overclocking my CPU to 3.9ghz (186x21) and would like to bring my ram back up to at least their rate 1600c8.

The ram is 2x2gb corsair dominator 1600c8 (1.65v)

I am using an Asus P7P55D-Pro and an intel i7 860.

I have been trying to read about overclocking ram but don't quite understand.

The multipliers I have available are 6,8,10 so 10X186 is 1860mhz. I don't really want to go lower than what it's rated at.

I really don't know what I am doing, so I think I read that the intel max Vdram is 1.65 (so I am set to that) and I've just been upping the IMC volts trying to see if I can pass prime95 blend test.

I have my cpu multiplier set low right now since I don't want it to add to the confusion.

Anyway my IMC is approaching 1.35 volts which I heard is the max safe voltage for 24/7 use (of course they're are differing opinions). Anyway I have no idea if this is right and I have no idea what I should be doing with the ram timings??? Any help would be great. Thanks everyone!

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is an update if anyone is curious.

I have the ram stable 1hr in Prime95 blend test at 1860mhz:

DRAM 1.65v
IMC 1.325v
timings are 9-9-9-27.

If I try to change to 8-9-9-26 the computer won't even load....so I think I kinda of have my max unless I had more IMC volts which I am not too stoked about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm LinX fails when I set usable memory above the default value (1.5gb right now) and it fails pretty quick each time.

What the heck am I doing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts