Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some 'Unpaid Item Strike' for some item and my account is on suspension, because my brother bought too many items and haven't pay for it. It says to remove the strike, I have to provide evidence I paid for the item, but what if I used money order and I send the money order, how can I provide evidence I paid for the item?

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>FearSC549</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I got some 'Unpaid Item Strike' for some item and my account is on suspension, because my brother bought too many items and haven't pay for it. It says to remove the strike, I have to provide evidence I paid for the item, but what if I used money order and I send the money order, how can I provide evidence I paid for the item?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>The only way would be to have a reciept of copy of the money order. Check with the post office and see if they can track the MO from it being cashed. Each MO has a serial, so hopefully when its cashed they will be able to tell.<br />
<br />
Otherwise you may be out of luck. I've had this happen before, but not with a money order. Hope everything goes well.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
When you purchased the money order you should have gotten a receipt. I am not sure how eBay can "confirm" that a purchased money order actually made it to its destination or not except by having the other party reply that they did in fact receive it. Maybe you can contact the member that filed the strike and ask them to confirm receiving the payment...however that in truth does not mean that the strike is incorrect. If your brother took extra long to get the payment out then the strike is valid. The lesson here of course is NEVER let anyone use your online accounts for anything as they can get you jacked up pretty quick.<br />
<br />
Edit...sorry, I though the strike was just for a delayed payment, not non-payment. In that case I would go back to contacting the other party.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, get a copy of the receipt?<br />
<br />
EDIT: Yes, I have all the receipt

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Bindusar</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">When you purchased the money order you should have gotten a receipt. I am not sure how eBay can "confirm" that a purchased money order actually made it to its destination or not except by having the other party reply that they did in fact receive it. Maybe you can contact the member that filed the strike and ask them to confirm receiving the payment...however that in truth does not mean that the strike is incorrect. If your brother took extra long to get the payment out then the strike is valid. The lesson here of course is NEVER let anyone use your online accounts for anything as they can get you jacked up pretty quick.<br />
<br />
Edit...sorry, I though the strike was just for a delayed payment, not non-payment. In that case I would go back to contacting the other party.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>The strike are for delayed payment.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts