Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i try to oc the frequency only goes down even if i just select ai boost by whatever percentage or the auto oc feature. my specs are as follows -

Fx-55
Asus a8n-sli deluxe
Corsair XMS pro ddr 500
2x XFX 6800gts
2x Raptors 36.7
western digital 200gig sata storage
koolance Exos liquid system
500w mdmm psu
cpu-300 water block
thermal paste
soundblaster audigy2 platinum pro

If anyone can help me oc this system it would be greatly appreciate for step-by-step procedures because i have tried everything

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
All you have to do is raise the FSB/HTT setting... I don't see what could be going wrong. Set HTT to like 205, go into Windows and take a CPU-Z screen shot.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Damn that's sweet. Anyways. Are you familiar with your bios? Do you have the appropriate temperature monitoring HW and SW? If so then it should be no prob to get you OCed in short order.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Wow, once again I fall behind the thread. *sigh* time for me to go to bed and dream of high speed internet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

All you have to do is raise the FSB/HTT setting... I don't see what could be going wrong. Set HTT to like 205, go into Windows and take a CPU-Z screen shot.

I dont think it allows that htt support says auto, htt 1, 2 ,3, 4, or 5 is the highest

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well some boards call it FSB, others call it HTT, just increase the number that says 200 to 205.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Hey, your on Bigfoot aren't you? lol

alright brb gonna get cpu-z and try that dont go no where lol

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Hey, your on Bigfoot aren't you? lol

I think you may be right

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Just hit F5 and it will copy a cropped bitmap image of the CPU-Z tab to the CPU-Z folder.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Looks like it's auto dropping the multi

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Just Start jacking with it... keep increaseing the FSB or the multipliers if you want. If it gets unstable and won't boot or something just give it some more vcore.

·
Registered
258 Posts
your system sounds like what mine is going to be like, :| once i get the delivery, hope you can help if i have any problems!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by o5h035o

when i try to oc the frequency only goes down even if i just select ai boost by whatever percentage or the auto oc feature. my specs are as follows -

Fx-55
Asus a8n-sli deluxe
Corsair XMS pro ddr 500
2x XFX 6800gts
2x Raptors 36.7
500w mdmm psu
cpu-300 water block
thermal paste

If anyone can help me oc this system it would be greatly appreciate for step-by-step procedures because i have tried everything

Nice rig Bro!!!I have everything for my SLI rig but i'm holding out for the FX-57.I played hell getting my hands on a couple of BFG 6800 ULTRA's for the thing!Keep us posted...please.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by o5h035o

Fx-55
Asus a8n-sli deluxe
Corsair XMS pro ddr 500
2x XFX 6800gts
2x Raptors 36.7
500w mdmm psu
cpu-300 water block
thermal paste

h0LY ****ING ****! where did you get your hands on that? DAMN! NICE RIG DAWG!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by klewiss

h0LY ****ING ****! where did you get your hands on that? DAMN! NICE RIG DAWG!

you have to constantly watch stores or better yet just lay down half the money for a pair and as soon as the store gets em in they are yours.

When I decide to ditch agp there will be something better than sli so that is why I pay no attention to it
neeyedsm but for the people who have by all means enjoy those scores

1 - 20 of 27 Posts