Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to be a Newb schlub!!! this is my first build and I have been knocking my brain ,trying to figure out the mathematics of all this . As you can see ,I have been letting the Desktop control module do the work for me ,but not sure if this is even safe or stable ,or if I could tweak certain elements manually for a higher clock speed????? Based on the numbers shown ,any reccomendations on what to change?? Again ,I apologize for my Newb-ness.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx , but I don't really know what thread to look under , Im not sure if I should look in Motherboards ,CPU's , Intel ,???? I mean ,this forum seems to be set up for super geniuses !!!!!!!!!! Any tips on what threads would have the info on the settings I would need to manually adjust to. Intel DP55KG -i7 860 ???? Thanks

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
download cpu-z find out what your cpu volts are. google it find it dead easy. then go into your bios and up the fsb a little at a time untill its not stable test with prime95 goole that and monitor your temps with coretemp or real temp find everything on google. when you get stuck come back tell us were your up toand go from there. if you really want pm me

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much!!! I became concerned ,after I read a review on my MB ,and the reviewer stated ,that using the "Intel Desktop Controller" ,like I have ,yielded an unstable OC . I noticed that as I raised my Host clock frequency ,on my "IDC" 1 mhz ata a time , it raised my Ghz speed . I got to 4 GHZ ,and ran Cinebench 10 ,and got a 19,000and change ,but then BOOM !!! my pc started turning on and off continually !!!! Luckily ,My MB has a Back to Bios Button that enabled me to re-set the Bios . I got it back up ,and it was at that point running at 3.42 ghz , but my uncore voltage was fluttering between 94-115 volts!!! I was startled , so I used the IDC again ,and am at 3.72 Ghz now . I do not know if it is stable .I downloaded CPU-z ,and it showed more like 3.5 ghz. Again Thank you for taking the time to answer my thread !!! I will google further and try to learn something!!! I should probably let my 11 year old son try to work on it ,he is probably more savvy than myself!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts