Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all :0

I am doing a build for a friend and I am looking for recommendations on a board.

I am looking for the following:

LGA 1366

Good brand with good reputation and RMA service. Also a board with a good reputation for quality and all that jazz.

Good PCI-E spacing for at least SLI, possibly tri-SLI but not important. I don't want any setups where PCI-E slots are right next to each other with no spacing that creates the SLI heat issues.

USB 3.0 and SATA 6gb/s for future proofing.

I am looking for the board that meets all those requirements at the most reasonable price.

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyFenix View Post
This if you friend wants to save a little cash.
This if he wants to have a good brand with good rep.
The PCI-E spacing on the ASRock looks really nice but the P6X58D is a little too close for my liking. I have tried SLI on that board before and it's not too fun

Going to keep the ASRock in mind though, that's a nice layout..if I could find that in a brand I trust for RMA and reputation, that would be nice.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,394 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thealex132 View Post
http://www.vortez.co.uk/contenttelle..._review,1.html ?

USB 3.0 / SATA 6Gb/s is really really dependent on the HDD's or more like SSD's because those will be the only ones taking advantage of it.
Gigabyte is horrible in my own experience I had that same motherboard first one came DOA but I did not have all the parts when I bought it but when I finally did it was past the 30 days so I RMA'ed with Gigabyte it takes them 4 weeks to fix what they said was a bent cpu pin I get it back and it has the same problem so I send it back it again takes them 4 weeks I get a brand new motherboard this time and again its DOA so I decided to buy the motherboard in my sig and have had no problems yet but I'm still waiting for Gigabyte to send me another board so I can sell it to get my money back

/rant

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Man stick to Asrock. They have come a long way now in mobo's and they give you the best bang for the buck motherboards. USB 3.0 ports galore, Sata 6gb tonz of, and variation of software that the bigger mobo's have for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. Awesome little board.

Check the reviews HERE and HERE

On the opposite side of gdawg33, I have EXCELLENT opinion on Gigabyte's RMA and Tech services. So, I can't disagree more. Gigabyte treated my case with high professionalism. What people tend to forget is that there are re-distributors and resellers and are those who make our lives miserable when it comes to RMA a product.

Johnny

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,394 Posts
I'd say stay away from Gigabyte, they love playing DOA shenanigans and I've seen way, way too many fail. Also they look really ugly

·
Performance is the bible
7,135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Rook View Post
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. Awesome little board.

Johnny
+1

For sli, decent OCing and sata3/usb3, this board is great.

You get the board with long sli cable, so you can put the second card away from the first if distance is your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts