Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a new comp. and want to make the most bang for my buck. How can I get this video card up to GTX status since from what I hear it is the same just dumbed down. How do I get the most out of this card? Help please...<br />
<br />
eVGA 512-P2-N573-AR Geforce 7900GTO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
You can use either Rivatuner or Coolbits to mess with the clocks. I hear people have been getting really close to GTX speeds. The GTOs were the defective GTXs, so they just clocked the memory down so that the voltage problem was solved.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Some people have been succesful clocking them up to GTX speeds right out of the box... And im sure if there is a volt mod that can be done, you could exceed GTX speeds. Take a look <a href="http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/123402-7900gto-owners.html" target="_blank">here</a> and see what some others results are.

·
Registered
551 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>The Hundred Gunner</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">You can use either Rivatuner or Coolbits to mess with the clocks. I hear people have been getting really close to GTX speeds. The GTOs were the defective GTXs, so they just clocked the memory down so that the voltage problem was solved.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
Not true, they are different cards. All you need to do is use one of the various overclocking programs and overclock it to GTX speeds, it should do it right out of the box. I put mine in and 5 minutes later I was running faster than GTX speeds. Im at 680/1720 right now, right out of the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts