2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an amateur gamer looking to OC his system:

Intel P4 2.4C
Intel D865PERL Mobo
Kingston DDR333 512Mb RAM
ATi Radeon 9200LE 128Mb AGP 8x
WD Caviar 80Gb

I hear that Intel boards can not be OC'd. I am hoping that this is not true and there is a way to unlock the BIOS. I have tried clockgen and it screws up by computer's ability to play games. I think that is because clockgen also ups the AGP and PCI timings with the FSB.

Any help is appreciated.

phatpat

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by phatpat

I am an amateur gamer looking to OC his system:

Intel P4 2.4C
Intel D865PERL Mobo
Kingston DDR333 512Mb RAM
ATi Radeon 9200LE 128Mb AGP 8x
WD Caviar 80Gb

I hear that Intel boards can not be OC'd. I am hoping that this is not true and there is a way to unlock the BIOS. I have tried clockgen and it screws up by computer's ability to play games. I think that is because clockgen also ups the AGP and PCI timings with the FSB.

Any help is appreciated.

phatpat

Buy a new motherboard. thats the only way to oc. sorry man Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Yeah, you pretty much have to get a new mobo if you want to overclock, since Intel doesnt condone overclocking. Tell us your budget and we would be glad to give you some suggestions.

And welcome to the forums!!!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
HEY,HEY,HEY~! Welcome to the forum!

I need a new mobo like u, that we have in common.. althought i don't consider myself as a gamer..

anyways, there is a way to oc ur intel system, which is to buy a new mobo like these kind ppl told u.

here's the link of the guide for oc'ing an Intel system by NoAffinity (a nice and helpful fella)
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=1567

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Abit's ratio option on generally in Softmenu (in BIOS), and are presented as an actual ration, based on the CPU's FSB. What CPU does he have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts