Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have set 4.725Ghz for my cpu by using the setting 21*225 @ 1.44 V.

With prime95 for 3-5 Mins, temp goes above 80 C.

And one of the cores stop working.

At stock voltage, 4.4Ghz was stable and temp was around 75 C with prime95 running for 5-7 minutes.

Please help me with stability. Shall I bump the voltage more? or Decrease the multiplier?

I have installed the 2 fans as exhaust at the rear.

I have a front and side 120mm fans for intake.

Thanks.

·
Registered
964 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
One of the cores not working is a sign of inability/prime crashing. So, more vcore is needed.

about your temps: im assuming 75-80c is your socket temp? You shouldnt let your core temps exceed ~65c. What are you using to track temps?

I would suggest dropping back to 200*23 and 1.4v and testing from there. Once you have 100% stability, and core temps stay below 65c, up the multiplier to 24, up the voltage by 0.01v at a time, and test for stability again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my rig:

Asus 99FX Pro R 2
FX 8350;
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X
8GB Vengeance--CL 10
Corsair H80i

Software:
Hardware monitoring
Speed Fan
Prime95

What are the safe temperatures for CPU?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers View Post

Yuck, try reseating your cooler.
You mean install as intake?

or install at side as intake?

or something else?

I'm sorry, im new to water coolers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post

One of the cores not working is a sign of inability/prime crashing. So, more vcore is needed.

about your temps: im assuming 75-80c is your socket temp? You shouldnt let your core temps exceed ~65c. What are you using to track temps?

I would suggest dropping back to 200*23 and 1.4v and testing from there. Once you have 100% stability, and core temps stay below 65c, up the multiplier to 24, up the voltage by 0.01v at a time, and test for stability again.
Can you please suggest some other software for core temps?

And, 220*21 wouldn't be better than 200*23 for better per core performance?

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannas View Post

You mean install as intake?

or install at side as intake?

or something else?

I'm sorry, im new to water coolers.
Re-install it onto the CPU including a reapplication of thermal paste, make sure it has an even and firm pressure between the unit and the CPU. Sometimes people even forget to remove the plastic cover on the base. Make sure the pump power isn't installed into a port that would limit voltage/'fan speed'. Those temps are way high even at stock.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers View Post

Re-install it onto the CPU including a reapplication of thermal paste, make sure it has an even and firm pressure between the unit and the CPU. Sometimes people even forget to remove the plastic cover on the base. Make sure the pump power isn't installed into a port that would limit voltage/'fan speed'. Those temps are way high even at stock.
Oh, i'll have to order a thermal paste then. I used pre applied one with that cooler.

If i understand correctly, I have installed pump power to the one that connects HDD and DVD drive.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownDragon View Post

What were you using has a temp monitor? Also you need to pay attention to socket temps if I am not mistaken hwinfo64 has the socket temps under cpu#0
with prime95 running for 2 mins, it's 57 C

1 - 14 of 14 Posts