Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!
I'm trying to overclock my current CPU. Since its a black Edition I only need to turn up the multiplier and adjust the voltage right?
Well I'm kind of stuck at 3.6/7 Ghz because I don't know what the voltage in my bios is named. I'm getting a bsod at 3.8 after some time in windows.
Here are some pics:
148nhn5.jpg

2pq0214.jpg

What do I need to do next?
Thanks!
System: http://www.sysprofile.de/id179768

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
You change the CPU voltage control setting to something else, but that default VCore (1.4750V) is actually pretty high.

What kind of temps are you getting during stress tests?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't run it on manual, but auto, so I might not have been that high...
I couldn't stress test at 3.8 but at 3.6 I got about 46 after 20 min.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Turn voltage to 1.5 and go as high as you can. Your temps look good
thumb.gif

Should be able to get 3.8-4GHz on 1.5v.
You may want to try putting CPU PLL voltage at 2.62v also.

Don't forget that you are going to want to bump NB to around 2.8GHz, which will take anywhere from 1.3-1.4v

Again, keep an eye on temps.
redface.gif

Your BIOS looks identical to mine, so I could post up my 4GHz settings for you later. (at work now)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do I really need to turn up the nb frequency? I thought that's not necessary on a black edition. Could you upload a pic of your settings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It runs at 3.8 Ghz stable now but the three temps (I guess nb and mainboard) are quite high for a 24/7 OC aren't they?

Why is the CPU voltage at 1.344 in the OS when I turned it up to 1.5 in the Bios like you told me to do.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueckspilz View Post

It runs at 3.8 Ghz stable now but the three temps (I guess nb and mainboard) are quite high for a 24/7 OC aren't they?

Why is the CPU voltage at 1.344 in the OS when I turned it up to 1.5 in the Bios like you told me to do.
Temps are within spec.... not sure if you are turning up the right voltage or not....

I can tell you right now though, if the CPU is running P95, even short term at 3.8GHz with that low of voltage, then you have one hell of a chip on your hands.

You should be able to lock down 4-4.2GHz on that thing with 1.45-15v. However, your temps will be too high, so without some better air cooling (possibly try a re-app on TIM), or some mid-grade water cooling, you may be stuck at that voltage.

I'd be concerned you are sending 1.5v to something other than the CPU with that 1.344 reporting though.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I turned up the cpu voltage control by accident but just by 0.025v, just realized that ^^ i thought i turned it to 1.5 because i added the +0.025 to The 1.475v vcore underneath in my mind.. So how can i turn up the vcore?
And why did it run stable
redface.gif

Why is the mainboard so hot when the cpu is so cool?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts