Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5950x, x570 Xtreme, Evga Ultra 3090, G.Skill 3800 cl14, NZXT z73 cooler, Lian li XL case
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new to overclocking and im using PBO in bios for cpu "oc", I did a 3Dmark bench but I have zigzagging of the cpu frequency up and down lots compare to others, most have almost a complete straight line, how to a tune this to stabilize it like others/yours?

·
Registered
681 Posts
This is with a 5900X on a custom loop with monoblock and X570 Aorus Master board.

-25 Curve Optimiser for all cores
PBO enabled - Set to AUTO
-0.61250V offset (Peaks at 1.438V) on idle vs the usual 1.500V.
Infinity Fabric set to 1800MHz (for 3600MHz Ram).

·
Registered
5950x, x570 Xtreme, Evga Ultra 3090, G.Skill 3800 cl14, NZXT z73 cooler, Lian li XL case
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is with a 5900X on a custom loop with monoblock and X570 Aorus Master board.

-25 Curve Optimiser for all cores
PBO enabled - Set to AUTO
-0.61250V offset (Peaks at 1.438V) on idle vs the usual 1.500V.
Infinity Fabric set to 1800MHz (for 3600MHz Ram).

View attachment 2518053
oh ok so its normal? how are others getting such a straight line lol, mines almost the same...PBO set to enable but not sure if its on Auto tho, with -0.016sih offset, fabric and mem clock set to 1867, how you get your score so good 😝, I want legendary status too lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
oh ok so its normal? how are others getting such a straight line lol, mines almost the same...PBO set to enable but not sure if its on Auto tho, with -0.016sih offset, fabric and mem clock set to 1867, how you get your score so good 😝, I want legendary status too lol
Im pretty new to the AMD platform too. My temps are in check and do not go above 68C in Cinebench R23. Im guessing fluctuation is quite normal. What scores have you seen with flat lines ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Im pretty new to the AMD platform too. My temps are in check and do not go above 68C in Cinebench R23. Im guessing fluctuation is quite normal. What scores have you seen with flat lines ?
with PBO I hit 80 with cinabench R23 and a score of 28382 (without PBO its stays at ~70), what are you getting with your 5900?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sorry did see what you asked, with a perfect straight cpu core frequency? ive seen scores better then mine with the same cpu, like the one in the pic bellow

·
Registered
16 Posts
con PBO ho raggiunto 80 con cinabench R23 e un punteggio di 28382 (senza PBO rimane a ~70), cosa ottieni con il tuo 5900? View attachment 2518109
[/CITAZIONE]
View attachment 2518140
ciao ragazzi, sono nuovo nell'overclocking e sto usando PBO nel bios per cpu "oc", ho fatto un banco 3Dmark ma ho zigzagando la frequenza della CPU su e giù molto rispetto ad altri, la maggior parte ha quasi una linea retta completa, come a sintonizzare questo per stabilizzarlo come altri/tuo? View attachment 2518049
[/CITAZIONE]

·
Premium Member
20,477 Posts
sorry did see what you asked, with a perfect straight cpu core frequency? ive seen scores better then mine with the same cpu, like the one in the pic bellow View attachment 2518104
You get a straight line by doing a static all-core oc on the cpu. Here is my 5900 at an all-core oc of 4.3GHz as an example.

The goal of this bench or any other synthetic bench is to get the highest overall score. Your cpu score is high. The gpu needs some work to help increase the overall score.

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: munch06 and HeLeX63

·
Registered
681 Posts
Oh I just realised looking at the graphs. Fluctuation is normal with PBO, as the boost is higher at around 5Ghz, on an all core you are forced to lower but more sustained speeds of 4.5Ghz / 4.6Ghz / 4.7GHz as mentioned above.

• Rep+
Reactions: munch06

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You get a straight line by doing a static all-core oc on the cpu. Here is my 5900 at an all-core oc of 4.3GHz as an example.

The goal of this bench or any other synthetic bench is to get the highest overall score. Your cpu score is high. The gpu needs some work to help increase the overall score.
how would I accomplish this? I know it will be kinda hard to explain, but if you can briefly explain what needs to be done that would be great, does it mean to not use PBO and OC each core individually? sorry kinda new and learning still

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh I just realised looking at the graphs. Fluctuation is normal with PBO, as the boost is higher at around 5Ghz, on an all core you are forced to lower but more sustained speeds of 4.5Ghz / 4.6Ghz / 4.7GHz as mentioned above.
hmm I wanna try to get it nice and straight lol, not too sure where to start

·
Registered
16 Posts
come potrei realizzare questo? So che sarà un po' difficile da spiegare, ma se puoi spiegare brevemente cosa deve essere fatto sarebbe fantastico, significa non usare PBO e OC ogni core individualmente? scusa un pò nuovo e sto ancora imparando
[/CITAZIONE]
5950x setting for ccx, and disable PBO, cool the cpu and good dissipation and ram well pulled on the timing, at least 3800mhz cl 14 and better without a doubt. Without repeating the cpu should be well dissipated, Greetings.

·
Registered
681 Posts
hmm I wanna try to get it nice and straight lol, not too sure where to start
What motherboard do you have ? I can share you my settings with my X570 Aorus.

Its pretty simple, disable PBO, set a fixed core frequency (perhaps 4.5GHz) and set a voltage of 1.300 or 1.350V. Try negative offsets for curve optimiser. Monitor voltage on an all core frequency load. E.g. R23 Cinebench. You don't want your SV12 TFN (HwMonitor) voltage going above 1.300V under a continuous sustained load.

Its a double edged sword. You'll gain in multi thread but lose performance in single thread. Don't get too obsessed with the way a graph looks, its inherent in the processer design.

• Rep+
Reactions: munch06 and 72kos

·
Premium Member
20,477 Posts
how would I accomplish this? I know it will be kinda hard to explain, but if you can briefly explain what needs to be done that would be great, does it mean to not use PBO and OC each core individually? sorry kinda new and learning still
For 4.3 all i did was change the Frequency from Auto to 43 in BIOS. Left the CPU Vcore alone since it is kinda low. For higher oc like 4.7 and above i am sure the voltage needs to adjusted along with the LLC (you need to look for this in the BIOS). Go back to that graph you posted with a straight line and see if you can read what the oc was. It was between 4 and 5GHz.

• Rep+

·
Registered
681 Posts
5950x setting for ccx, and disable PBO, cool the cpu and good dissipation and ram well pulled on the timing, at least 3800mhz cl 14 and better without a doubt. Without repeating the cpu should be well dissipated, Greetings.
Do you know any ram kits that have 3800MHz in CL14 timings ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Its pretty simple, disable PBO, set a fixed core frequency (perhaps 4.5GHz) and set a voltage of 1.300 or 1.350V. Try negative offsets for curve optimiser. Monitor voltage on an all core frequency load. E.g. R23 Cinebench. You don't want your SV12 TFN (HwMonitor) voltage going above 1.300V under a continuous sustained load.

Its a double edged sword. You'll gain in multi thread but lose performance in single thread. Don't get too obsessed with the way a graph looks, its inherent in the processer design.

I got a x570 Xtreme, my volts are set to "normal" with -0.0168 offset right now, and with PBO advance, ram are 3800 cl14

·
Registered
681 Posts
Turn PBO off.

Set all Core to 4.5GHz. Boot up and run Cinebench R23. Monitor temps and SV12 Voltage. Perhaps run a timespy benchmark and see if you get a flat line on CPU frequency which you should.

• Rep+

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Turn PBO off.

Set all Core to 4.5GHz. Boot up and run Cinebench R23. Monitor temps and SV12 Voltage. Perhaps run a timespy benchmark and see if you get a flat line on CPU frequency which you should.
THANK YOU! ill give it a shot :cool:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts