Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so im done overclocking my Vid Card a paththetic 50+Mhz before i started seeing artifacts

so now im off to clocking some ram.

Apparently, i know where to go (I think) system bios when u reboot the rig.. so anyways,

im running on 256Ram 1stick, and i dont know what i should put it to. help pls? thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Well a decent psu is always a good thing to have when u plan on oc. Cooling sink for your card too. PCI slot fan maybe?

Could you post your actual equipment even tho its a "pos" or "crappy" ?

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

Well a decent psu is always a good thing to have when u plan on oc. Cooling sink for your card too. PCI slot fan maybe?

Could you post your actual equipment even tho its a "pos" or "crappy" ?

whats a psu? Rofl. >.<

And i wanna clock my ram, but i dont know how... lol >.<

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
PSU== Power supply.ANd it would be good to know what kinda ram you got like EX. pc2100 2700 3200 ehh..pc100-133..i hope you dont got that... also 256mb of RAM is kinda on the low side if your board will allow it get some higher amount of RAM

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

PSU== Power supply.ANd it would be good to know what kinda ram you got like EX. pc2100 2700 3200

ohh. SDRAM 256. thats all i know i think. lol

in the slots thing, i found PC133 and slot2 =PC142.

I enver knew i had 2 slots of ram.. =/

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

ehh here go here here . Tell a lot bout your system

i already have it, thats how i fed u the info about my ram. lol =P

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Well hmm...if its actually speed is 133 i dunno how far you can oc it. you should try raising it like 2-4 mhz at a time
and see when you cant boot up normally then got back down a mh until you get the highest oc.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
EDIT: ok you put your cpu under what os you have i didnt see it. could you configure your profile completly im just curious

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

EDIT: ok you put your cpu under what os you have i didnt see it. could you configure your profile completly im just curious

\\

lol allright! =P

I just successfully clocked my processor 40+ Mhz. lol. perhaps i should push it further... after i fix this. =p

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B

\\

lol allright! =P

I just successfully clocked my processor 40+ Mhz. lol. perhaps i should push it further... after i fix this. =p

oh yeah, to my bios, it says that my cpu is under like 39Degrees C. is that good?

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Yeah keep trying for max OC. Dont go for something extremly high. Do ypou have any kind of temp monitor? I would suggest downloading a program called Motherboard Monitor 5 or speed fan. If you cant boot up after a failed oc then take out the little battery on the mobo while comps off (duh) and wait an hour, that should reset it and go a little lower.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Yeah keep trying for max OC. If you cant boot up after a failed oc then take out the little battery on the mobo while comps off (duh) and wait an hour, that should reset it and go a little lower.

what i did scared the crap out of me. should i up the voltage? its on defaut right now. lol >.< and how do i upp my ram? =/

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Ehh..Ive taken you as far as i know how lol.You'll have to read the intel overclocking guides and/or wait for some other person to help out. They're long and look hard to read and boring but theyre not lol its all usefull information!

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Ehh..Ive taken you as far as i know how lol.You'll have to read the intel overclocking guides and/or wait for some other person to help out. They're long and look hard to read and boring but theyre not lol its all usefull information!

well thanks! i kinda just happy upping it by like 30mhz, even tho it wont make a big diffrence. perhaps it will load WC3 for me a bit faster. rofl, even tho the ram does that and im unaware of how 2 oc the ram. =(

oh well. thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts