Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie on a first time build: I have not a clue on which PSU to buy for my rig. I will not be overclocking or gaming - any help out there. (£40 - £50) budget.....pleasssse help

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbide On Ice View Post

Newbie on a first time build: I have not a clue on which PSU to buy for my rig. I will not be overclocking or gaming - any help out there. (£40 - £50) budget.....pleasssse help
any good 450W-550W will serve you just fine

·
Senior OCN Member
39,869 Posts
Does it have to be modular?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smile.gif
Thanks BWAS1000....really quick reply. I got really confused over 12 pins and 4 pins and what the Skylake CPU required for sleep states and the conflicting results on wattage as given from various online sites. I will get a Seasonic 430 - 450 W as I mainly do CAD work and the graphics card will be purchased much later

·
Senior OCN Member
39,869 Posts
The XFX TS which is a S12II rebrand might be cheaper.
Saw the XFX TS 430 watt on Amazon for £33, think Scan UK has it for the same price.

• Rep+
Reactions: Carbide On Ice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Shikla. It does not have to be fully modular. The Corsair Carbide air 240 case has a partition that separates the PSU and cables from the MoBo side of the case. Cables are fed through preinstallled rubber grommets. So I am taking this arrangement as no need for modular if I use a standard PSU with necessary power/ graphics cables etc

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

The XFX TS which is a S12II rebrand might be cheaper.
Saw the XFX TS 430 watt on Amazon for £33, think Scan UK has it for the same price.
I'd like to vote for the TS as well. Newer version of my model, and I can vouch for its quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys really appreciated.....ordered up the XFX TS from Scan computers £33
thumb.gif
and that completes my purchase items for my puild :).....now just need to research Win 10 Pro as an upgrade - Software Geeks (£26)
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts