Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was playin Americas army and I get a critical error. So i ran mem test and it came up with some errors so my question is, is there something i can DL to fix the errors or do i need more new RAM(this only happened a few weeks ago for the first time and this is the second).Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
reseat everything
clear and reset cmos
maybe reinstall the game?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
lol give it a try and get back to us

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's a jumper that should be right beside the Battiery. It will clear the BIOS. Then you will have to go into the BIOS and reset your time date and a OC if you have one

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
what are you running you CPU at?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
hey im garrys bro and his CPU was at 2.85 from 2.53 and i didnt think that ocin would make his games screw up. He just got his new cooler which gives him pretty good temps and i think he could easily get 3.0+ but now he wont cause of his games screwin up so could it b anything else cause id hate to see his cooler go to waste(i really want one.........)

·
Registered
699 Posts
You can overclock but you will need to lower your HTT and run you ram on a divider to keep the system stable.

If your intrested post back on here, and the OC'ers here can help you further

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well...if it was a RAM related problem then I don't think it would matter how high the CPU was overclocked. When you were overclocked, I'm guessing your ram was at a 1:1 divider, which would probably be the cause of the instability. Either lower the divider until you don't get errors in memtest, or if you're timings are somewhat tight then you might want to loosen them and see if that fixes it.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya either loosin timings a little or run a 5:4 divider... that should solve the ram errors and still allow a good OC...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
what kinda ram is it?
stock ram usually dont overclock well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts