Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation went smoothly, everything works fine, except... no internet!

I checked the Device Manager because I was sure it was a driver problem, and sure enough, there it is: ethernet adapter doesn't have proper drivers installed (if any at all). If I'm correct I downloaded the right drivers from my mobo manufacturer's site but when I go to install the drivers the wizard says it can't find the proper drivers. GAH *** **** BBQ!

If only I had my mobo CD, everything would be fixed right now
crap.

Anyway, my motherboard is an MSI TK6 Delta with VIA KT600 chipset, incase that helps. Any ideas? Shoot away!

·
Registered
604 Posts
If the manufacturer's drivers didn't load you might have a bigger problem on your hands...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bigger problem? It's installed on the same HDD as my XP Home Edition (which I'm using right now, and is obviously fine).

And I'll check that out kobra. Thanks. I downloaded the 5788 drivers before but not the 4401 drivers because I thought I already tried them, but it turns out my friend sent me the wrong file. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked! Thanks a lot for pointing out my stupid mistake.
/rep

The reason it took so long to reply is because I immediately backed up all my files, formatted my hard drive, and installed Windows XP last night. Today I'm installing everything and applying all my backup files.

Thanks a lot again. This is much better than XP Home Edition.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I didn't realize you were using a different install on the same computer to make the post... I'm glad you got it sorted out. Don't forget to update your system specs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts