Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to over clocking and i would like to know how to overclock i dont want to check what it can handle or anything i just wanna overclock this ***** hahaha i have no idea how to do it i think you do something in the bios i already tried putting all the voltages up and settings it mad it go slower..... heres my setup

evga Nvidia N4 sli ready mobo
evga 7800 gt
athlon 64 3700+ stock cooling
dual chanel Ultra 512 overclocked ram (1024)
480 watt powersupply
windows x64 pro

can some please just give me a step by step process of what i have to do to overclock my gear... to a safe but yet effective setting a medium overclock haha i dunno i just wanna make my stuff faster and i dont liek to read and do all those long super pi tests and all that stuff......thanks gusy much appr.

ps. maybe someone can help me w/ this also. Only my left speaker works...i bout brand new speakers and still only the left one woorks.... i already checked balence downloded all the new codecs theres a hissing in the right side but thats it...i dont know how to fix it thanks a **** load guys!

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
first fill out your system specs by clicking on the User CP option in the menu, then system specs. we can help you from there. also download the program CPU-Z and give us a screenshot
once we know your specs and screenshot, ill give youstep by step easy to the pt. directions k?
EDIT:sry didnt see your specs...still fill it up in the USerCP

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
about your speaker problem, maybe only MONO sound is enabled, check your sound card (or onboard) it should be stereo....check volume settings in control panel, after that i dont know

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Welcome to overclock.net
well your PSU seems to be just a generic 480w. A better one would be a good investment. You shouldn't just set your voltage to the max. voltage=heat and your cooling is only stock air. Alos you'll need to run those long boring testing programs to check to see if your system is stable. no one really likes doing this part. The key to overclocking is TAKING YOUR TIME. It's not something that can be done in just one night.

heres a setup to try based off what I could do with my system.
vcore=1.392v
HTT x3
FSB 270 with multiper of x10 to get 2.7GHz.
also put our RAM on a divider. I forget what I have mine on, sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
just hit the print screen key on the keyboard then go into pain and past it and save and then to post it, it has to be done in post reply and not on the quick reply box. the attachment thing is under the text box.
If you it that way the image is small enough to upload.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by monte45

hey guys im new to over clocking and i would like to know how to overclock i dont want to check what it can handle or anything i just wanna overclock this ***** hahaha i have no idea how to do it i think you do something in the bios i already tried putting all the voltages up and settings it mad it go slower..... heres my setup

evga Nvidia N4 sli ready mobo
evga 7800 gt
athlon 64 3700+ stock cooling
dual chanel Ultra 512 overclocked ram (1024)
480 watt powersupply
windows x64 pro

can some please just give me a step by step process of what i have to do to overclock my gear... to a safe but yet effective setting a medium overclock haha i dunno i just wanna make my stuff faster and i dont liek to read and do all those long super pi tests and all that stuff......thanks gusy much appr.

ps. maybe someone can help me w/ this also. Only my left speaker works...i bout brand new speakers and still only the left one woorks.... i already checked balence downloded all the new codecs theres a hissing in the right side but thats it...i dont know how to fix it thanks a **** load guys!

If you're not willing to read guides, be patient, and do loads and loads of testing, then overclocking is not for you. Sorry.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amped

If you're not willing to read guides, be patient, and do loads and loads of testing, then overclocking is not for you. Sorry.

true, but still we can help u

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by monte45

Try pulling out the plug that is plugged into your output on the computer while music is playing. Do it slowly and see if in the process of slowly unplugging it, you hear the right speaker come on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks
bro i did it... and heard it from both but when i hear it from both my sub turned off and it was liek bad sound quality

1 - 12 of 12 Posts