Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just playin cod on pc when the screen just went blank with no signal ,so i did a restart and nothing until i heard the windows start up tune come through the speakers .But i still have no graphics ,the vga was not o/ced at the time . have also reseasted the card to see if this made a difference but nothing .anyone got any ideas or do you think the 6800gt has just fried .by the way there is no beep warnings either any help would be appreciated .....

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

try reseating the card first...

next try resetting the CMOS...

do this by either switching the jumpers next to the battery or taking the battery out while system is unplugged

dont think it is a cmos problem because pc boots into windows i can hear the startup tune ihave reseated the card a couple of times any other ideas

·
Registered
808 Posts
I suggest the cmos also, but i don't think it's your card. It could be your monitor. Is it in good shape??? The same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. Turns out the monitor just went bad. If it is you card, i'm sure the 6800 GT is new enough to get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have tried another monitor but no good have now tried the cmos 3 times with no joy got no ne near here to try the card out in either

·
Registered
808 Posts
take out your card and look around for any burn marks, just in case it did short out somewhere. Usually if there is something wrong with your card, the computer will beep some code and not boot up.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
running my monitor now throught the laptop with no probs now gonna take the graphics card out and have a look

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx to all who helped out found the problem it was the artic cooling 5 silenser like a **** i overtightened it reps left all round and cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts